Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple? Yay or Nay?

• 15-09-2009 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

hi,
    im thinking of buying a mini=mac but dont really know a whole lot about apple, anyone have any advice? move to apple from my toshiba...or just upgrade it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Buy a mac mini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

make sure your comfortable with one before you make the switch and make sure all software and programs you'll need will work on a mac. A lot of things don't.

There a lot more expensive, and software is harder to come by, I use one but not as my main computer it's more for photoshop etc.

I'd say if you need it and can afford it Yay, if your thinking of buying cause apple is a cool brand right now i'd say Nay.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dotzy

make sure your comfortable with one before you make the switch and make sure all software and programs you'll need will work on a mac. A lot of things don't.

There a lot more expensive, and software is harder to come by, I use one but not as my main computer it's more for photoshop etc.

I'd say if you need it and can afford it Yay, if your thinking of buying cause apple is a cool brand right now i'd say Nay.

thanks man, see thats it, im recording some music and i was told apple was good for that, but i also use some tab software and im not sure if it is compatible so im kinda in-between minds...and they are prettt-ay step price wise :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There expensive especially when you factor in the software, maybe ask over in the dj or music thread about using a mac versus windows for music you might get a better idea. If they tosh is still working i'd keep it just in case someday you need windows, which you will;)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dotzy

There expensive especially when you factor in the software, maybe ask over in the dj or music thread about using a mac versus windows for music you might get a better idea. If they tosh is still working i'd keep it just in case someday you need windows, which you will;)

will do man
    and thanks for the advice
    i wont be partin with my tosh anyway i love it, but i might upgrade it, needs a new HDD and some more ram :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

If they tosh is still working i'd keep it just in case someday you need windows, which you will;)

Get out of it you. :P I haven't needed windows in years now. All aboard the free train!

Advertisement