Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoke Alarm in 2-bed

Options
  • 15-09-2009 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Anyone know what type of battery the smoke alarm in the 2-beds takes? All those ads on tv have reminded me that I've never once changed the batteries so need to sort this as soon as - pressed the Test button but nothing happened so I definately think they need a swap.... All info greatly appreciated. thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

its almost certainly mains powered with a battery backup - are you sure you held down the test button for long enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

ah no! i just pressed it and nothing happened. but there did appear to be a battery pack area, though i didnt seem to be able to get the cover off that bit - maybe thats why, as there were also a load of wires disappearing back into the ceiling. ill try again tomorrow as its very late to be testing it now. thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

If the wires are going back into the ceiling than it's mains powered. Press the buttin and keep your finger on it for 30 secs.If nothing happens get it fixed/replaced. We don't want to reading about you in the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Remicade Man

Smoke Alarms generally take 9v 6LR61 regular batterys . Replace all batteries simultaneously ,test, if still not working purchase new electric smoke alarm (s) . No tools required ,usually can be retrofitted to existing base . Turn power off before any work is carried out

Advertisement