Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ideas for ploughing championship poster?

Options
  • 15-09-2009 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is ok, I didn't come across anything in the rules thread.

If its not ok I apologise and feel free to delete or move mods.

I was asked today to put together a poster for my uncles welding company.

He just wants a simple poster with the companies name, address, contact details and then pictures of there products.

I have only ever used photoshop to work with tidying up my photos, cropping and changing colours, never used it to create a poster.

I have put together a simple poster for him but I'd like to be able to "jazz it up" a bit as they say.

I have looked up how to create posters on google put just keep getting complex tutorials on how to create a movie style poster. But I just want to know how to make it look a little more professional.

Here is what I knocked together:

poster_one_v01.jpg

I am looking for ideas on how to make it look more professional and links to tutorials that will help?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Best advice I can think is to look up other posters/advertisements on the net for similar businesses. See what you like and what you dont, see what features and techniques used make them standout as looking professional and see if the same techniques can be used in your own design.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Gimme a few hours at this tonight and tomorrow and I will see what I can come up with for you. have a bit of spare time on my hands anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Here ye go!

Had to flatten it and shrink it a little bit to get it on here. Shout me if you want me to send you it as is in psd format by email or if you have specific pictures that aint on the website lets me know by pm and I will fire them in.

Then again if it is cr@p throw darts at it in the office;) It passed an hour or so. Given a wee bit more time and specifics it would be better.

Advertisement