Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medium sized Retail Company- Security>?

Options
  • 15-09-2009 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

Hi i'm just wondering what would be the best security system for a retail business. We deal in almost everything including dvd's etc and i don't think the fake cameras on the wall are going to do much good anymore. Junkies tend not to care if thier on camera but it can help in line ups and especially if the gurads can see a face .

Just wondering if there's a decent system out there for around 5k for a store of 6000 sq feet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jayj224

Hi I work in retail part time due to college. All I can say is prevention is better than cure in most cases as stock is usually gone before guards pick up the suspects if they are picked up.

My suggestions would be acknowledge and approach of all customers firstly generates a good perception of your store while usually detering any would be criminals, as they think your onto them.

Secondly if its clothing dvds etc what about a tagging system with electronic tags on the dvds and solid ones one clothing etc. While it does open up the risk of foil bags been used and large levels of stock going missing in one visit.

I can pm you the name of a good company if you would like? they usually gives you a host of solutions from camera's to tags etc that work with my job. I dont want to say it over the forum in case people think i'm involved with thecompany.

Sorry for jumping in guys, just i usually take a look at this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

jayj224 wrote: »
    Hi I work in retail part time due to college. All I can say is prevention is better than cure in most cases as stock is usually gone before guards pick up the suspects if they are picked up.

My suggestions would be acknowledge and approach of all customers firstly generates a good perception of your store while usually detering any would be criminals, as they think your onto them.

Secondly if its clothing dvds etc what about a tagging system with electronic tags on the dvds and solid ones one clothing etc. While it does open up the risk of foil bags been used and large levels of stock going missing in one visit.

I can pm you the name of a good company if you would like? they usually gives you a host of solutions from camera's to tags etc that work with my job. I dont want to say it over the forum in case people think i'm involved with thecompany.

Sorry for jumping in guys, just i usually take a look at this forum.

Firstly welcome to the forum. I like that system but I'm told that the tags can be removed in the dressing room.

You could try a DIY job. Much cheaper. I know a guy that owns a bar, he got one dome camera, the guy charged 500 euro & it only covered a section of the bar. It was just a regular one. If he DIY'd he could have got a state of the art dome camera.

22X Optical Lens Zoom
    Resolution 420 TVL
    weatherproof outer cover with all day protection
    Continuous 360 rotation, zoom control between 0 /s and 15 /s.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=262005

Im not an expert but that looks good! I have no experience at all but go to a large retail store that doesn't compete with you and try theirs out, I presume that wouldn't mind.

I'm not much help but look into the DIY online if your up for it.

Advertisement