Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A cure for warts??

Options
  • 15-09-2009 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭

Hey, does anyone know of anyone local who has a cure for warts? They are starting to annoy me now and are painful.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭martin1

By local you mean...............................?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

westmeath area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

There is a well in an old church cemetery in Clonard that supposedly has healing powers for warts:)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

Doctor Dalton, Bishopsgate street

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭martin1

I know of a man who lives in or near Baylinn.He cures warts, by using straws and saying prayers.If you believe in this kind of thing,fine.

I went along as a last resort because I didnt believe in faith healers but I did have an ugly wart.

It disappeared after a few days and never returned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

Melaleuca do a product T36-C5 Tee Treel Oil that definitely cures warts. So if you can find T36 or similar tree tree oil (pure oil) in a local health shop then it should do the trick.

faith healers all the way
    wouldn't put anything onto them as they can get nastier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Go into your local chemist and buy wartner - freezes it off, and it works.
    €20 well spent. You could also go to the docs. I have gotten them froze off in Newtown terrace medical centre in athlone.
    But I would recommend the Wartner stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

That wartner stuff is useless: Get yourself some Duofilm liquid, it's available in most pharmacies and you get more then the bottle of salactol. I hope you've plenty of patience, they are fkrs to get rid off but be persistant, cover them up with plasters and just keep at it until they are gone(pretty much 9 months for me, but I did the usual male thing that they would just go away so they were well entrenched)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

you could try some dock leaves, remember been a kid and rubbing dock leaves on fingers to clear warts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

This stuff works grand.

product-5176871.jpg

Get a skin file (correct term?) or basically something that will let you chip the wart off. Apply bazuka at night, peel/chip off wart in the morning. reapply bazuka.

Also, a black slug rubbed over the wart can do the trick. Hard finding them when you actually need them though.

don't you have to put the slug onto a thorn bush then???

I have been trying a few things the last few days so we'll see how the wart goes. went to a holy well, also someone who supposedly cures the things

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

a pebble for every wart into a match box and leave the box in the centre of a cross roads.

I had 32 warts when i was a kid and they all vanished shortly after i did this..

Its either magic or coincidence, as warts have a life span of 7 years then disappear

..if however its genital warts you have..i dont know the cure.. ive never had them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

nhughes100 wrote: »
    That wartner stuff is useless: Get yourself some Duofilm liquid, it's available in most pharmacies and you get more then the bottle of salactol. I hope you've plenty of patience, they are fkrs to get rid off but be persistant, cover them up with plasters and just keep at it until they are gone(pretty much 9 months for me, but I did the usual male thing that they would just go away so they were well entrenched)

Wartner worked for me. 3 freezes and it was gone, Wart free in about 3 weeks. I think I used it for longer periods than recommended (I just kept it on till it was cold no more), and also didn't leave as long between treatments.

But each to their own, just don't go bashing it, as it does work very effectively for some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Well it was crap for me so I'll bash it accordingly and the doctor told me not to use it, that it's a gimmick and it spreads them and gets nowhere near cold enough to kill the wart virus. If you wanta freeze them off get your gp to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭TrustNoOne

Cure for warts? One word....Garlic!

I recently got rid of a wart that was on my finger for nearly 2 years. I had been freezing it and cutting it out with a nail-clippers but the the prick kept coming back.

Now this is how I did it:

1) Get some electrical insulation tape and cut a piece about as long as it is wide. Then cut 2-3mm hole in the centre of it. This step is to protect healthy skin around the wart from the garlic, which may actually cause it to blister.

2) Take a clove of fresh garlic and cut a slice of it about 1.5mm thick.

3) Put the piece of tape over the wart so it's showing through the hole and then put the slice of garlic over it. Take another piece of tape and cover over the garlic so it's all sealed in place.

Repeat that every night before bed for a week or more depending on the size of it. My fella was small so I only did it for 3 nights. After a week I noticed the wart had turned brown and I knew then that it was dead.

If your wart is kinda big, maybe you should try to reduce it with freezing or saliclyc acid. But in my experience, these methods never actually kill the wart as it always seemed to grow back. Garlic dealt the final blow and now there are no signs of it coming back.

Garlic for warts...google it, it has anti-viral properties amongst over health benefits. It will actually cause your skin to blister because it's so powerful, but nothing that won't heal up after a week or so.

Let me know if it works for you

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Speedy2009

Plagued with these feckers had them frozen by the GP a couple of times and they just kept coming back a few months later - am currently trying duck tape - just cover them up day and night for a bout a week and seems to kill them off. Apparently they need light to grow!

Agree with comments above the freezing stuff from the chemist doesnt get cold enough, go to the GP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Cobra Kai

Need light to grow? Are you mad? I think its called occlusion therapy and noone knows exactly how it works, some say it excludes oxygen--which is as daft as your hypothesis.
    Warts eventually die away, that usually takes years. The first line of treatment is a salicylic acid treatment, then cryotherapy and then drugs that stimulate an increased immune response. Don't bother wasting your money on 'freezing' treatments from the pharmacy, go to your doctor instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement