Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pentax P50 K-Mount?

• 15-09-2009 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

I'm going to buy a new lens for my old Pentax P50 and I just wanted to double check with folks here that would know more than me that the lens mount on a P50 is a K mount.

Obviously I don't want to buy a lens and find it doesn't fit.

So the following statement is true or false?

The Pentax P50 film camera will take any lens that is specified as K Mount.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Sure is.

A KA to be precise. If you are stuck for a manual try here

Wikipedia
    KA mount
    The KA mount is derived from the original K mount. It allows the lens' aperture to be set by the body, and thus permits shutter priority and program auto exposure modes. It was introduced in 1983, and is supported by A-series and P-series bodies; Pentax lenses that support it are marked 'SMC Pentax-A'. It is completely backward-compatible with the original K mount.
    The aperture on the lens is set from the body by the same stop-down lever found on the original K mount, but on KA lenses this lever is proportional to the area of the aperture opening, rather than the diameter as on previous lenses. This allows the body to easily set a specific aperture, since the relationship to F stops is linear. The lenses add an 'A' setting on the aperture dial, which gives the body control of the aperture. Other, numeric settings are used for manual aperture modes—aperture priority and full manual mode.
    Six electrical contacts are added to the bayonet ring. One is slightly recessed and allows the lens to indicate whether the aperture ring is set at 'A' or not. If it is, a pin on the lens extends slightly and makes contact, while if the lens is at any other setting the pin is retracted and does not make contact. The other five contacts are used to encode the lens' aperture range. Each contact on the lens is either conducting or non-conducting, providing a binary 1 or 0, respectively. Two contacts encode the lens' minimum aperture—f/16, f/22, f/32 or f/45; although no Pentax K-mount lens has ever had an f/16 minimum aperture, OEM lenses often have. The other three contacts encode the lens' maximum aperture; their meaning is dependent on the minimum aperture indicated by the lens.

Have fun with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Thanks a million.

Now to find me a nice long lens.

Advertisement