Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

employment law : contracts

Options
  • 15-09-2009 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I was just wondering has anyone taken this subject and if so could they please recommend a good book.

Or even just a good employment law book.

Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭IKOS

I was just wondering has anyone taken this subject and if so could they please recommend a good book.

Or even just a good employment law book.

Thanks in advance:)

Not sure if you have seen the reading list on blackbord, sorry if you have, but the lecturer has listed the following as suggested supplementary reading;

The Employment Relationship, Janet Gaymer, Sweet and Maxwell, London 2001
    The Personal Employment Contract, Mark Freedland, Oxford, 2003.
    Dismissal Law in Ireland, Mary Redmond, Butterworths, London, 1999
    Termination of Employment Statutes (3rd ed), Tony Kerr, Round Hall/ Sweet and Maxwell, Dublin 2006
    Business Transfer and Employee Rights, John McMullen, Butterworths, London, 2000 (continuing)

Also, he seems to suggest the use of employment law reports and journals, available via the library.

As far as I know and as he said, there is no adequate general Irish employment law books :mad:

sorry, if ya were aware ^^, :)

Advertisement