Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Eye Vectra bike computer

Options
  • 15-09-2009 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

I just got the above bike computer and ride a Mezzo with 16 inch wheels but when it comes to choosing the tyre circumferance there is no exact match to those listed with the instruction sheet that came with it.

The Mezzo tyre is 16 * 1 /3/8 . but I don't know what that is in cm which is what the Cat Eye measures in. Does anyone know what cm I should enter in the computer ? The Mezzo tyre is the same size and a Brompton ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Deisetrek

Easiest thing to do is get a measuring tape , and chalk/ pencil . Put a line mark on the floor . Bring your front wheel valve in line with the mark on the floor ( bottom of rim ) . Then , simply roll your bike forward until the valve is at the bottom again ( i.e. one complete revolution of the wheel ) and put a 2nd mark on the floor . Measure the distance between the marks and put this into your computer . Incidentally , the measurement will probably be in mm not cm , I know my Cateye measurement is in mm ( in my case my racing wheel is 2113mm, that's the value I entered into my bike computer).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 oldandintheway

Thank you D.. The simple answers are always the best...all I need now is a measuring tape...

Advertisement