Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really Slow Smart Broadband?

• 15-09-2009 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

anyone else experiencing this?

i see UPC are getting the same although these are pretty bad tests :
    I have a 5mb connection and now this :confused:

565935058.png

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Not here, on Smart Fibre To The Home service at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Jesus thats bad, would it be like that often? I'm supposed to be ordering 12mb with Smart next week :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭emperor_krunchy

Dave147 wrote: »
    Jesus thats bad, would it be like that often? I'm supposed to be ordering 12mb with Smart next week :eek:

no I've had like 3 years and havn't had any complaints
    I dunno whats wrong
    we moved some stuff around and recently got wireless but it was all fine on the wireless before that so I'll have to investigate further

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Patatronic

anyone else experiencing this?

i see UPC are getting the same although these are pretty bad tests :
    I have a 5mb connection and now this :confused:

565935058.png

Did you get any satisfaction on this? I recently signed up to Smart's 7Meg package and it worked fine for a few days. Now I'm down to ~5Meg, for some reason.

Not the same scale of problem you faced, but it might be related...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

A speed drop from 7 to 5 is nothing unusual. You're never guaranteed the full speed, even when uncontended like some of Smart's products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭emperor_krunchy

Patatronic wrote: »
    Did you get any satisfaction on this? I recently signed up to Smart's 7Meg package and it worked fine for a few days. Now I'm down to ~5Meg, for some reason.

Not the same scale of problem you faced, but it might be related...

It turned out it was due to bad weather affecting the cable outside on my road. Eircom owns the lines so they had to be contacted to correct the problem. The same happend about a week ago but at least I knew what to do about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Patatronic

It turned out it was due to bad weather affecting the cable outside on my road. Eircom owns the lines so they had to be contacted to correct the problem. The same happend about a week ago but at least I knew what to do about it.

Thanks for the update! Mine has now dropped down to 2.7. Time to give Smart a call...

Advertisement