Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-do of tattoo, do you have to wait?

Options
  • 15-09-2009 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Quick question, my cousin got two tattoos along the side of his hands a week ago and was talking about getting them redone as they are not black enough. Should he wait a bit longer to get them redone?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Personally I would wait until they're fully healed and the colour has "set in". I'm pretty sure the colour will change after the initial inking and when it's all done.

I could be wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

on the side of the hand? it will probably never be consistantly black.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

I said that to him, that it would fade quicker on the hand because of the constant washing etc. But I didnt think it would fade on him after only a week.

I suggested he wait a bit longer to let it settle but I just wanted to know if the tattoo would benefit for a redo after just a week. I aint an expert so dont really know:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

What shop did he get his tattoo done in? just out of interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

They won't redo it that quick if its not healed yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

He got it done in Cyprus and is thinking of getting it redone in Dragon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Was gonna say he should go back and get them to re-do it for free, but that's out of the question!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If the person wants the tattoo on the side of their hand to be dark black, then they are in for a lot of disappointment.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

If the person wants the tattoo on the side of their hand to be dark black, then they are in for a lot of disappointment.

He`d better get used to touch ups.Side of hand tattoos never hold their colour well.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

Not trying to hijack this thread but figure, there's no point in starting another one...

I got my first tattoo a week ago, solid black in colour and while still in love with it (that I can't stop looking at it), it looks to me that there are some parts that are a little patchy. I noticed a little bit like this after I got it done when I went home but now that it's all healing up etc, it would seem there's a little more. So my questions are...

How long do you have to wait before you get a tattoo touched up...is it just once it's fully healed?

Would the entire tattoo have to be gone over again, or just the little bits I'm not happy with?

Do you end up getting charged the full whack again (going to the same tattoo artist) or would the charge be smaller?

Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you go back to the tattoo artist within 2 months they usually touch it up for free.
    Best to leave it at least a month after getting it done so that it'll be fairly well healed and the artist will be able to see what needs done.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

Ah cool, thanks for that

Advertisement