Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Road, Cormac Mc Carthy *Spoilers within

Options
  • 15-09-2009 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

Has anyone read the Road? Just finished it, thought it was alright.
    Just one think I could not figure out at the end of the book second last chapter
    Its says 'The woman when she saw him put her arms around him and held him. Oh, she said I am so glad to see you. She would talk to him sometimes about God. He tried to talk to god but the best thing was to talk to his father and he did talk to him and he didnt forget. etc

Who is this woman?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

It's been a while since I read it but from memory:
    she's the wife of the man who was tracking them, who I think were watching them when they passed through a town earlier. She's a bit of a God botherer and talks about how he should pray, I guess, but instead he prefers to talk to his father, so he remembers him, and what he taught him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Been a while since I read it but I thought at the time it was
    Visions of his dead wife since he was getting progressively sicker and so possibly closer to death ?

Advertisement