Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to solve those BSODs

• 15-09-2009 7:55pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just change the colour :D

In Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7, each time the Windows Kernel crashes, a blue screen appears, giving the administrator some clues and information as to what has caused the error. This screen, because of its blue color and catastrophic nature, was nicknamed BSOD - Blue Screen Of Death.
    Why blue - no one knows, but what I do know is the fact that the blue screen can be changed to a different color, thus creating your own YSOD or RSOD or even WSOD...
    To do so follow these steps:
    1. Open the SYSTEM.INI file found in the %systemroot% folder (i.e. C:'Windows or other). You can easily open the file by running SYSEDIT from the Run command, or by using Notepad.exe.
    2. Locate the [386enh] section in the file:
      bsod_color.gif
    3. If not already present, create the following new entries:
    MessageBackColor=
    MessageTextColor=

and give it a value according to the following list:
    • 0 = black
    • 1 = blue
    • 2 = green
    • 3 = cyan
    • 4 = red
    • 5 = magenta
    • 6 = yellow/brown
    • 7 = white
    • 8 = gray
    • 9 = bright blue
    • A = bright green
    • B = bright cyan
    • C = bright red
    • D = bright magenta
    • E = bright yellow
    • F = bright white

Note: Use CAPITAL LETTERS, i.e. F and not f.
    • Close SYSTEM.INI while saving your changes.
    • Restart the computer.
    Now wait for the system to crash (supposedly it shouldn't be crashing so often...) and behold the horror.

Taken from http://www.petri.co.il/change_bsod_color.htm

I knew how to do it myself but he's better at explaining :P

Advertisement