Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming

Options
  • 15-09-2009 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

I've recently really gotten into Lucid Dreaming.

For those of you who are unaware of what this is,
    Lucid Dreaming is taking control of ones dreams, by means of realising one is in a dream.

I've been meaning to read this book, "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming".
    I'm going to give it to you.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/Pwezem/ExploringtheWorldofLucidDreaming.jpg
    • Save the picture
    • Rename it to a .rar file.
    • Unpack the .pdf
    • Enjoy.
    Btw, Make sure you have something like "Foxit Reader" to read the file.

I'd also like to know is there anyone else into Lucid Dreaming?
    If so, Do post! :pac:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭Data_Quest

Pwezem wrote: »
    I'd also like to know is there anyone else into Lucid Dreaming? If so, Do post! :pac:

I have tried it and managed it a few times but never able to do it on a regular basis and when it does happen it is very hard to sustain. Any ideas how to improve the experience would be appreciated (I guess read the book:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Pwezem

Data_Quest wrote: »
    I have tried it and managed it a few times but never able to do it on a regular basis and when it does happen it is very hard to sustain. Any ideas how to improve the experience would be appreciated (I guess read the book:))

I'm glad you asked.

First of all, it does take quite some time to get into.
    Some people may take a few months, even years.
    Some people can do it naturally.

My personal technique, is to write the word "Awake?" on my hand.
    Whenever i see this on my hand, i think of the reasons why i may be awake/asleep, then sount my fingers.

In a dream, if it is not written on my hand, i know i'm dreaming.
    It is also difficult to count and read letters in dreams.
    I also do other reality checks, and get into the mentality that "Awake" is on my hand, and get into a habit of looking at my hand.

Other good habits are:
    • Turning on and off Light Switches (Electronics do not work in most lucid dreams)
    • Looking at the time Twice in a row.
    • Touching mirrors.

Look into it.
    It's very interesting.

Advertisement