Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo of the week - Week #11 :: 31st of August to 6th of September, 2009

• 15-09-2009 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

79329AAF98C24C19B1F13DB43C22AC87-800.jpg

Credit: mobileblog

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Just Beautifull...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Wow, that is a truely fantastic photograph!
    Grabs you and draws you in, makes you wonder, and is timeless.
    Fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

Great work indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Nice work Mobileblog! What a city... your shot makes me want to go back (moreso than usual). Its nice to see a different composition of the empire state.

Also, I havent had as much access to the forum recently as I would like, so seem to have missed something.. What's this photo of the week all about? Who decides it? (Answer via PM is cool if you dont wanna clutter the thread.)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Pivot_Al

That's a lovely shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Gorgeous wonderful enigmatic image, and its pixie title makes me love it even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Brndn

Great image, well deserved winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Agree with all of the above, its stunning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Stee wrote: »
    Nice work Mobileblog! What a city... your shot makes me want to go back (moreso than usual). Its nice to see a different composition of the empire state.

Also, I havent had as much access to the forum recently as I would like, so seem to have missed something.. What's this photo of the week all about? Who decides it? (Answer via PM is cool if you dont wanna clutter the thread.)

Stee - it came as a suggestion on our ideas thread which came to the conclusion in post 49.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭rameire

Love it! GReat work, Mobileblog!

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I really like this shot. The B&W conversion makes this image look very old. Like from the '20s or something. The apparent haze out the window and the sofa for some reason, all add to the old look. :) All the lady needs is a costume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    79329AAF98C24C19B1F13DB43C22AC87-800.jpg

Credit: mobileblog

Damn that is beautiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭mobileblog

Taken for inside the Rockefeller Centre, looking towards the Empire State Building.
    While taking some shots from the observation deck outside, i felt like they were becoming repetitive and reminded me of the photos that i had from the previous years. I moved around trying to get a different angle and ended up walking inside the building.
    While standing there i recalled a photo that i had seen on boards.ie from Valentia, where he photographed his wife/partner siting with the Empire State in the background, But to his left was a lady just looking out the window.
    So i positioned myself in front of the window and proceeded to take a few pictures where i used the window to frame the photo with the light falling onto the seat. As i was doing this people were walking in front of me with some stopping to look out the window.
    Then the lady in the picture walked over and sat down. She sat there by herself for about 30 secs just quietly looking out the window thinking, looking unto the city below, before other people had made their way into the photo which probably broke her concentration. I moved myself back to get everything in. I got the photo and was instantly happy with it. I stayed in the same spot and tried to capture other people but it just didn’t work.

Got back to the hotel and i think it was the first one i opened in Lightroom.
    -Slight crop
    -Changed Preset to Grayscale
    -Added a Strong Contrast
    -At the top of the window i used the graduated filter to decrease the exposure and pulled it into the middle of the window.

Then uploaded it here and pix.ie and have been blown away by the response - thanks all.

Lens 50mm f/1.8

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Black Dog

An excellent photograph, very well spotted and captured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Pacha

Great picture. And I like it more knowing that the woman just wandered into the shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Beautiful shot. I was tempted to ask at the time was it real cos it looked nearly too good to be true! Glad to hear it is real and to hear the story behind it, well done.

Advertisement