Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live Match Chatroom

• 15-09-2009 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever thought of setting one up for boards.ie? I use the fantasy football scout one for PL matches and its cool talking to people live. Think it would work well here...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I believe they're called match threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

That_Guy wrote: »
    I believe they're called match threads.

think there is a difference between a thread and a chatroom:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Yeah, I saw something which would make this work, anyone up for it for tomorrows Liverpool game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I will chat on me phone while at the match :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

zAbbo wrote: »
    Yeah, I saw something which would make this work, anyone up for it for tomorrows Liverpool game?

Me:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

There's an app which some sites use called Coveritlive - http://www.coveritlive.com/

Requires some moderation (just to allow comments & keep eye on things)

Easy to setup & use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

are people doing this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Don't really get match threads or chat. Why not just actually watch the match (on TV or stream I mean) and chat about it at half-time or afterwards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

zAbbo wrote: »
    There's an app which some sites use called Coveritlive - http://www.coveritlive.com/

Requires some moderation (just to allow comments & keep eye on things)

Easy to setup & use
    I tried to get that going on the site, but it doesn't seem to work with WP. Nor does ScribbleLive - any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

A #soccer channel in IRC would be interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I tried a #soccer.ie chatroom on quakenet ages ago, didnt take off. I'd start it up again if people were interested, I always enjoy a bit of banter online during matches

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Bags the username XxSxy-Tina91xX

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

CHD wrote: »
    Bags the username XxSxy-Tina91xX

OMG a/s/l?

Advertisement