Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish Meteorological Society Lecture Season

• 15-09-2009 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Lecture: "Ireland's Weather: Past, Present and Future" by Evelyn Cusack (Met Eireann).

Venue: Trinity College Botany Theatre (near the rugby ground)
    (http://www.tcd.ie/Maps/assets/pdf/tcd-main-campus.pdf)

7:30 pm on Thursday October 8th 2009

Free to attend. All are welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

cool thanks for the update :D

Oh one question: Would this lecture and others coming up be videoed like Astronomy Ireland does with their lectures? This way if you cant make it, you can always buy a disc with a recording of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭IrishMetSoc

We are looking into this - we'll let you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

I'll try my best to make it!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

do we need to register in advance or just turn up?

• Advertisement

No you can just turn up. Its free entry :)

No need to register, you can just show up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

any idea of lecture duration?

About an hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

About an hour

Is there a question and answers session? Any tea and biscuits?

• Advertisement

There will be a question and answer session....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Really wanted to go to this but i've gotta go to a school meeting instead..hopefully i'll make it to the next one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭highdef

So what did you all think of the lecture??? I really enjoyed it. Once Evelyn got into the swing of things, it was really enjoyable. Things were explained really well and Evelyn's humour and straight to the point attitude really helped to make sure that such a potentially "boring" topic was made a lot more interesting. The presentation could have been a little bit better at a few points, however I'm sure Evelyn has plenty of other things to be doing with work and her private life. And I'm not complaining in any way about this. And there would have been a fair bit of preparation involved for this lecture. Even my better half, who has no real interest in meteorology, found the lecture extremely interesting and he said he's learned a fair few things.
    I'm glad I got there a little before the official starting time as I got a good seat and with the large numbers that trickled in, quickly at first but then a few at a time over the next hour, I ended up sitting in the dead centre of the back row....perfect view!!!
    Thanks Evelyn :D

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you enjoyed it.

yep, couldn't agree more with highdef. And it was a great surprise to get that really cool printed photo at the end. Many thanks to the Met Society and Evelyn for really good lecture. Just one question, what was the name of the book that Evelyn showed at the start of the lecture? Wouldn't mind buying it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

Yes - very good lecture - very informative

Is there a plan to make the presentation available on a website for download?

thanks

We will get back to you with the name of the book.

There was a huge demand for the gloss printed satellite imagery so we will bring more copies to the next lecture..

Yes we plan to have the notes on our website.

Any news on the name of the book and lecture notes?

Should have these for you soon.

Advertisement