Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom terribly slow for anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Tonight is utterly terrible. Worse its ever been. Its like being back on dial-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kjenkinson26

"Its a known problem and we are working on the exchange"

Same line as I got last week.

Thanks for the info Gerard, any idea when? I take it you are an Eircom employee and I don't think anyone will put a gun to your head for an exact date, just a rough estimate...:)

on another note do you not think it a bit funny that Eircom are running ads on the bottom of the page....LMFAO:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 juuliuuz

Hello, looks like I'm not alone.I just moved from Irish Broadband to Eircom 7 Mb, and here is what I got my first day.

We should do something!Oh I forgot, we can't because we are nothing.

592299719.png

on another note do you not think it a bit funny that Eircom are running ads on the bottom of the page....LMFAO:D:D
    yeah LOL :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭stevethesatguy

index.php?nojs=1

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭stevethesatguy

Tried to add my speed test results but it did not work ,,

ahhhhh well its crap anyway..

Tried to add my speed test results but it did not work ,,

ahhhhh well its crap anyway..

just copy and paste the link for forum after the speed test at www.speedtest.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

592335294.png

On a ****ing business 7mb link, about a mile from the exchange. This is getting ridiculous.

592335294.png

On a ****ing business 7mb link, about a mile from the exchange. This is getting ridiculous.

This cant be right.We have to do something.All together , if we are paying for 7 why we get just 1 and still we have to pay as for 7???This is against the law!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭tech

592364282.png

3mb with BT- West corkarea, only 2 miles from Exchange,

Tried differnt routers, used new filters, plugged out all phones still CRAP :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭tech

592366239.png

down hill!!

592335294.png

I originally had the 7mb home package and was only getting 3.5-3.6 at anytime of the day or night. I knew it was slow but got onto Boards.ie and got some great advice, ie. running speed tests (thats how I knew my speed lol). When I rang support, the poor guy on the end of the phone had me trying everything to speed it up, to no avail. In the end he had to admit that my line was never capable of getting to, or even close to 7mb.
    The question is....Are a company legally allowed to advertise a service and then not supply or be able to supply it ?????

P.S. I had to fight with Eircom to get a refund for the 4 months I was paying for 7mb and only getting 3mb.......On a happier note...at least I got a refund.

IS THERE NO ALTERNATIVE ????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 TidyBhoy

593193006.png

laughably bad init... i can hardly use the fecking laptop!

heres to hoping www.imagine.ie roles out fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Guys, complain about it to Eircom and your ISPs. Phone them up every day if you have to. You have a right to better service than this...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭xxlilyxx

i work for eircom and have loads of customers telling me earlier on the phone that their broadband is very slow, i havnt got a clue whats going on wit them at all, id advise ya's to ring them and ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

xxlilyxx wrote: »
    i work for eircom and have loads of customers telling me earlier on the phone that their broadband is very slow, i havnt got a clue whats going on wit them at all,

I don't think anything is going on with them. I think Eircom is providing sh*t service as always. Its not just Eircom customers that are affected resold Eircom bitstream is sh*t as well

Perhaps since you work for Eircom it would be nice if you flagged the fact that multiple Eircom customers all over the country are experiencing issues......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

i work for eircom and have loads of customers telling me earlier on the phone that their broadband is very slow, i havnt got a clue whats going on wit them at all, id advise ya's to ring them and ask.

Says it all really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mad_max_power

I can't get over how bad Eircom are at the moment. I have been with eircom for a while now but i was in limerick, A fine service. Recently moved to Dublin 14 and its dismal. 0.5 mbps at best I am on 7mb package.

I am ringing them as soon as i get home from work on Friday, might sype them and record the entire conversation. If i can accomplish this feet and if its in any way interesting i shall post the conversation in a link.

I will probably just post a txt version of the highlights.
    Here's hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Surely part of your job is to escalate this and bring it to the attention of your superior thus relaying it onto the engineers and then them coming back to you to tell you what the problem is and you then get back to the customer with this information in the form of an update :confused:

Your either lying when you say you work for them or Eircom need to overhaul the way they operate.

Seeing as you don't know :rolleyes: I will tell you one major problem and it's affecting more whole sellers than your own Eircom customers:

Most problems are been caused by the current upgrades and also a lot of the exchanges are over capacity. As a result of this more re-sellers customers i.e. BT, UTV etc.. are first to be re-routed to relieve pressure from the exchanges, this is why you don't see as many Eircom customers having issues :rolleyes:

So if your with one of these re-sellers and are currently experiencing speed/ping issues, then more than likely there is not much you can do but wait for Eircom to fix / upgrade exchanges.

I'm with BT and having the same speed / ping problems as everyone else. In my case Eircom kept coming back to BT to say there was no problem with their equipment, typical answer from Eircom. In most cases there may be no technical problem with their equipment, the only real problem is that the exchanges are either out dated or not designed to cope with current demand, having copper lines and no fibre don't help either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭gdael

I can't get over how bad Eircom are at the moment. I have been with eircom for a while now but i was in limerick, A fine service. Recently moved to Dublin 14 and its dismal. 0.5 mbps at best I am on 7mb package.

I am ringing them as soon as i get home from work on Friday, might sype them and record the entire conversation. If i can accomplish this feet and if its in any way interesting i shall post the conversation in a link.

I will probably just post a txt version of the highlights.
    Here's hoping.

Id love to hear that.
    Im with Eircom too. Im paying for 3Mb but am lucky if i get 800K.
    I cant get anywhere with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 brian kay

i'm just off the phone with eircom rang to cancel the sh!t service they call broadband:mad:, it was down yesterday and today only back up working in the last few min:confused: in ballincollig cork.did a speed test Thursday and was only getting 0.8 down and 0.2 up i'm on 7m package:mad: and was getting around 6m up and .5 down in the good days when it worked:) they are sending out an engineer to the ballincollig server next week to see why its slow(can't see that ever happening any time soon).was going to ring bt for the 24m package but seen as they sold over to vodafone will vodafone do the 24m package

brian kay wrote: »
    was going to ring bt for the 24m package but seen as they sold over to vodafone will vodafone do the 24m package
    No point really, you'll still be on an Eircom line, running through an Eircom exchange, but if you do switch at least it's cheaper.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

My 3mb broadband was going painfully slow a while ago (set to OpenDNS) but this speed test begs to differ (:confused:) - it seems to have improved a bit now.

594031462.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23 brian kay

hellboy99 wrote: »
    No point really, you'll still be on an Eircom line, running through an Eircom exchange, but if you do switch at least it's cheaper.

hellboy99 i was onto bt about 3 months ago and the sales rep did a line test and i would have been getting 17m down and .8 up should have jumped at it then, well rang vodafone and they will not offer the 24m bb to new customers so i'm stuck with eircom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭answer me

my computer is very slow!!!!!!:mad::(:mad::(

download speed is 0.13
    upload speed is 0.10
    ping is 119 mins

what does this mean should i contact eircom or anything??????????

answer me wrote: »

download speed is 0.13
    upload speed is 0.10
    ping is 119 mins

What package have got ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

answer me wrote: »

download speed is 0.13
    upload speed is 0.10
    ping is 119 mins

For sure! If you're with Eircom and getting those speeds, regardless of whether you're on 1, 3, or 7.6Mb, get onto them and make them sort it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mad_max_power

Spent so long trying to set up skype to record the conversation It took so long they are no longer taking calls.

I will try again tomorrow, not sure if they ae open weekends.

Definitely try monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 RogerThat

hellboy99 wrote: »
    What package have got ?

Hellboy99 – what package have you got?
    What a stupid question to ask when you have the speeds answer me has! The tariff is irrelevant.
    Answer me, Deceifer has given you the correct advice. You do need to contact Eircom to sort your speed issue out. Bare in mind just because you have a slow speed, it does not mean that the issue is with your Internet Provider. It could be a number of things.

For one, do you have any Peer to Peer software such as:-
    • Torrent Software(Bitlord, µTorrent, Azureus, BitComet, BitTornado, Shareaza)
    • Limewire
    • E-Mule
    • Kazaa

Also, you should scan your PC using your antivirus software. You could have malware, spyware or some virus that is causing your slow speeds.

How are you connected to your modem? Is it via Ethernet or wireless? This too can impact your speed if you have a poor wireless connection.

These things need to be checked and confirmed before we go out and do some ISP bashing, people tend to let anger get in the way of reason and logic. I’m not saying the ISP is innocent. I’m just clarifying that there can be more than just one reason to your issue. It could be all or one.

Just my two cents

Advertisement