Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

you tube converter

Options
  • 15-09-2009 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

im trying to download some you tube videos to my creative zen vision m
    can anyone recommend an easy site to convert please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Zamzar.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jack_Lord

I get quite good results with this online media converter: http://video.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp4

Supports target formats like mp4, mpeg2 and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Just wondering how legit are these kind of websites in terms of viruses, malware etc.? I was asked by someone whether downloading videos from youtube was possible and didnt know it was until I came across these type of sites. The one I used was http://keephd.com/ and it seem ok but Im always wary of using these kind of things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr Kamikazi

Once you viewed the clip in YouTube the video file will be in you temporary internet files. There will be a lot of files with no discernible extension.
    I usually look for which file is a few megs in size, right click and open with VLC media player.
    Once it plays you found the file.
    Copy into another folder and rename the file with a .avi or .flv extension.
    Media player might have trouble (as it usually does with everything), but VLC will play it back (as it usually does with everything).
    Don't trust these YouTube recorders.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Once you viewed the clip in YouTube the video file will be in you temporary internet files. There will be a lot of files with no discernible extension.
    I usually look for which file is a few megs in size, right click and open with VLC media player.
    Media player might have trouble (as it usually does with everything), but VLC will play it back (as it usually does with everything).

I've tried this before but I always just get a file with the correct running time but no video or audio in VLC. Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 angel12

There are many tools available on net..search it...its free ..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

angel12 wrote: »
    There are many tools available on net..search it...its free ..:D

The OP is looking for recommendations from other users, not random crap from Google or useless comments from newbies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Cephei

downloadyoutube.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

This will not work if are using the latest flash player (10).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

faolteam wrote: »
    im trying to download some you tube videos to my creative zen vision m
    can anyone recommend an easy site to convert please
    http://keepvid.com/ to download the vid: as mentioned above is good. Plus Free studio manager will convert it if needed... http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software.htm V'good program which will convert most stuff for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

You can download videos off youtube and other sites using realplayer. If you install realplayer, when you view a video a little popup appears above the video which allows you to download it. It saves it in the .flv format.

Advertisement