Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is the registered owner?

• 15-09-2009 10:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭

Is there any way I can find out who the registered owner is of a car?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

ask to see the reg cert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

lol......not really in a position to do that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm intrigued! you'll have to explain yourself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I would say you have no right to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Likewise, I am intrigued....

As far as I know, you cannot get the owners details at all, only the Garda and a few other public services bodies can request this information from Shannon..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭steifanc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Did said car hit your car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

steifanc wrote: »

Your personal data cannot be used for any purpose other than the one you supplied it for without your consent, unless required by law. Cartell is a commercial enterprise and would have as much access to your name & address as Robert Mugabi. i.e none

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭RLJ

It used to be the case that by sending a fiver -as in pounds- to the relevant motor tax office you could request that. But i don't know if that rule still exists now car reg database is in Shannon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Buffman

Is there any way I can find out who the registered owner is of a car?

Ye, ring up the M50 e-toll crowd, give them the reg, tell them you owe them money, then ask them to tell you who you are!:D

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement

Buffman wrote: »
    Ye, ring up the M50 e-toll crowd, give them the reg, tell them you owe them money, then ask them to tell you who you are!:D
    :D:D

RLJ wrote: »
    It used to be the case that by sending a fiver -as in pounds- to the relevant motor tax office you could request that. But i don't know if that rule still exists now car reg database is in Shannon
    EDIT The fee is now 6 euro and is called an enquiry fee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Why do you want to know who the owner of a particular car is? Sounds dodgy to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

I rang VRO office locally and asked him to send me a rf100 form after telling him the reg and he sent the form and a sheet telling everything about the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Thanks for the feedback folks ;)

Advertisement