Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

existing dwelling query

Options
  • 15-09-2009 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

hi all
    i was asked today to do a ber on an existing dwelling
    is there a checklist that you can download on the sei site for existing dwellings?
    and how much is a ber on an existing dwelling getting these days i remember when i was being trained i was told that you could charge between €400 and €500 for one but i was also told that was the going rate for new dwellings aswell when i did that course(what a joke):D

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,644 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

lucky-colm wrote: »
    is there a checklist that you can download on the sei site for existing dwellings?

yes there is....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

sydthebeat wrote: »
    yes there is....

thanks

wait.....
    wait.....
    wait.....
    idly whistling......
    wait.....
    :D

ok
    idon,t suppose you could stick up the link could you as i couldnt find it earlier when i looked

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 trixie_bee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 wexgun

If you really have to ask this question I dont think you should be doing BER certs. If you knew the software and the course content you would know exactly what to look for when surveying an existing dwelling. How come you dont even know about the Deap existing dwellings survey form which should have been included in your student pack and explained to you during your course? Btw do not take the survey form to be a complete form for existing dwellings. You will still have to use your construction experience and knowledge to assess the property properly. take loads of photos is my advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

wexgun wrote: »
    If you really have to ask this question I dont think you should be doing BER certs. If you knew the software and the course content you would know exactly what to look for when surveying an existing dwelling. How come you dont even know about the Deap existing dwellings survey form which should have been included in your student pack and explained to you during your course? Btw do not take the survey form to be a complete form for existing dwellings. You will still have to use your construction experience and knowledge to assess the property properly. take loads of photos is my advice.

i did know of the forms existence but just could not find it on the sei website. i have not done an existing dwelling before and was not familiar with its location on the sei website.

btw. if knew what this forum is for you would know that it is used to talk about all things "ber" related and that if you did have a question you could ask it here. without having little ********* edited: syd ******* like you coming on here and pushing your weight around.
    now if you can't get that into your head "i don't think you should be posting here":mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement