Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hovering in Firefox 3.5

• 15-09-2009 10:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭

I'm not even sure if this is in the right forum but I've got a problem with the new version of firefox and it's driving me mad.

Using boards as a perfect example, when you hover the mouse over a thread title whilst on the main board, you get a preview of the first few sentences or if you were to hover over any of the buttons, they tell you what they mean. In Firefox 3.5, all I get when I hover now is a small rectangular box.

I tried googling my problem but to no avail. Anyone got any idea what's wrong or how to fix it? (If so, make it a bit simple, cos I'm a bit simple with installing/uninstalling things)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Do you have version 3.5.3 installed?

Also what operating system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

OS is Vista and Firefox 3.5.3, yes.

Try starting "Mozilla Firefox(Safe Mode)" found in the Start menu and see if the problem still happens.

Safe Mode disables all extensions and what not.

Is it only on boards it's happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Same thing happens in Safe mode.

Not just on boards, every time I hover over an icon or anything, the white box appears, it's not clickable or anything. My google toolbar also wont respond to clicking on its options or anything, although it'll still conduct searches.

I read somewhere that Google Toolbar was causing a similar link hover problem for someone else, I would have though Safe Mode would have disabled the toolbar.

Can you manually disable it and see if the problem continues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Running Vista Business here with FF 3.5.3 and all is well. Sounds like it is a problem with your settings or an add on perhaps.

Disable all your add ons and restart FF and see if that helps, then enable them one by one until the problem occurs again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

Soundman wrote: »
    Running Vista Business here with FF 3.5.3 and all is well. Sounds like it is a problem with your settings or an add on perhaps.

Same here although I'm using Vista Home Basic instead. No issues.

Advertisement