Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help to soundproof room

Options
  • 15-09-2009 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm looking to soundproof my bedroom room because it is right over the sitting room and i can hear everything from the tv, the radio and even people talking. its starting to get really annoying :mad:
    I dont want to pay a company to do it as i dont have the money. Can anyone suggest where i can buy reasonably priced soundproofing thats easy to install?

Thanks a mil,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Unless you plan to carry out disruptive building work (lifting floor boards etc) your best bet is fit fit an acoustic underlay over the floor area such as "Regupol" see http://www.moymaterials.com/our-products/regupol.htm for details. This product is designed to minimise impact sound but it will help with airborne sound also. Seal around any gaps between skirtings and the floor with an acoustic sealant (Gyproc do one product), seal any other air gaps or pathways for noise, then finish off with a good heavy carpet over the underlay. All this will help and is easily done but the type of airborne noise you describe can really only be countered by increasing the mass of the floor, which is difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 madbetty

thanks for that
    do you know if it is expensive to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I can't recall the price but for the Regupol you could probably expect to pay similar to what you'd pay for a cheapish carpet, say €18 per m2, but I'm guessing, it's years since I've priced it.

Advertisement