Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i buy night vision rifle scopes in the republic!

Options
  • 15-09-2009 11:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

I'm seriously thinking of buying a gen I scope. I have seen them advertised on the web and i know that it is possible to buy them over the counter up north and across the water with out any difficult other than the difficulty of an import licence.
    Personally I rather just simple hand over the cash to an Irish RFD if i can find one that sells them.

Does anyone any dealers that stock'em down south??

PS In relation to the legal end of things what will the dealer require before s/he is able to hand over the goodies.

Regards X-con

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

As far as I know Gen 1 is pretty crap from what I've heard from mates in the army.
    Gen 2 is better and Gen 3 is NATO only, from what i remember

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I'm seriously thinking of buying a gen I scope. I have seen them advertised on the web and i know that it is possible to buy them over the counter up north and across the water with out any difficult other than the difficulty of an import licence.
    It might be easy there, but that has the square root of sod all to do with whether or not it's legal here. And it isn't.
    Personally I rather just simple hand over the cash to an Irish RFD if i can find one that sells them.
    That's illegal without either a licence or an authorisation from the Superintendant; possess a night vision scope without either and you're in possession of an unlicenced firearm.

Night vision binoculars or the like, buy away, have fun. But once it's built to be mounted on a firearm, it's a firearm itself.

And we have gone over and over this topic in the past. Use the search function Ivan.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

In fact Ivan, you've started four seperate threads on the topic of night vision stuff, including the one where you said you'd bought some. One thread every six months on average:
    Night Vision Scope For 22lr? Why Not!!
    NV scopes
    Night Vision
    Night Vision permits?? How many have'em? -Were you refused?

And you brought it up in two other threads as well.
    So thread closed Ivan. And please stop repeated dragging the same things up over and over every six months, it's a waste of everyone's time and energy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement