Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation in Melbourne

Options
  • 15-09-2009 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

As I mentioned in the chat thread I'm making a trip over to Melbourne in December for 5 days. My very smart OH has a paper accepted at some nerdy IT conference so I'm going with him to shop and sightsee.

We're looking for a fairly central Melbourne hotel, that's nice enough, with a pool for about $150NZD (about $120 AUD) a night.

Anyone got any nice suggestions? I'm looking on wotif and found some nice ones but I'm no idea how central they are. Where is South Yarra in relation to the city centre?

I'll be alone during the day so would like somewhere safe and central so I can wander in to town or lie by the pool.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

South yarra is about 10 mins from CBD by tram. The tram network is excellent.

Melbourne is a very safe city tbh.

Advertisement