Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Player

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

anyone know if it's back up up and running yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

fox007 wrote: »
    anyone know if it's back up up and running yet?

I've looked three times now and it's still not back yet. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get it all this week tbh.

Fcuking annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

No,

I just got a huge update there though.

Is the facebook thing coming out today too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

No,

This update does not include the Facebook, Twitter, Last.fm and Zune features. Those will be coming to Xbox LIVE later next month. This update adds WPA2 support for the Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter.
    Major Nelson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

I have Sky Player active via the download section in account management. Best thing about it is the movies VOD. Will save some space on my SKY+ hard drive. I really wouldnt pay extra for this service.. Its a nice-to-have as I have multiroom anyway
    No,

No its this..

"This update does not include the Facebook, Twitter, Last.fm and Zune features. Those will be coming to Xbox LIVE later next month. This update adds WPA2 support for the Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapterir?t=majornelsocom-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B000B6MLV4."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

if you downloaded the sky player yesterday it will still be under your recently downloaded stuff, just go there and launch it, which i did this morning and its all still working

Shin

shinzon wrote: »
    if you downloaded the sky player yesterday it will still be under your recently downloaded stuff, just go there and launch it, which i did this morning and its all still working

Shin

If it's working for you guys then how come they won't put it back up on the Dashboard? Getting annoying now. Just wanna test it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

That_Guy wrote: »
    If it's working for you guys then how come they won't put it back up on the Dashboard? Getting annoying now. Just wanna test it out.

I can access it by the download history, and it does work.

I am on 7mb broadband, and I found it a bit slow going through the menu's and there is limited content under some of the categories. Movies and Documentaries have loads of content, and I checked out a few of them and they worked fine, a few seconds of buffering, and it plays perfectly.

But as I said, there is limited content under some sections and its a bit slow going through the menu's (no graphics loading on the squares, etc)...so they obviously still have a bit of work to do before rolling it out properly.

Probably because it only seems to work when very few people are connected to it!

Probably because it only seems to work when very few people are connected to it!

Did they think that only 2 people would be using it at a time?

• Advertisement

Did they think that only 2 people would be using it at a time?

heh-heh! I'm off now if you want to hop on!!

heh-heh! I'm off now if you want to hop on!!

Alright. I'll have it for half an hour and then you can have it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Was away for a few days and only got checking the xbox today, how come it's not available yet ?? Some tech issues ??

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Was away for a few days and only got checking the xbox today, how come it's not available yet ?? Some tech issues ??

So they say. It's working now for those who managed to download it yesterday. Not sure what the hold up is tbh. Still not on my dashboard.

So they say. It's working now for those who managed to download it yesterday. Not sure what the hold up is tbh. Still not on my dashboard.
    Ah bummer, I was looking forward to this, where does the option to download it appear ?

Ah bummer, I was looking forward to this, where does the option to download it appear ?

It should come up on the Spotlight channel or the Video Marketplace.

I've been following http://twitter.com/OXMuk for a few hours now for any updates. Still unavailable to those who didn't download it yesterday.

I'm hoping we'll be able to get it before the Arsenal - Liverpool match.

It should come up on the Spotlight channel or the Video Marketplace.

I've been following http://twitter.com/OXMuk for a few hours now for any updates. Still unavailable to those who didn't download it yesterday.

I'm hoping we'll be able to get it before the Arsenal - Liverpool match.
    Thanks for the link, I'll keep on eye on it.

Thanks for the link, I'll keep on eye on it.

No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

The service for non sky customers is so overpriced.

But a nice bonus for people with sky and multiroom.

Totally pointless for me with Ntl and the sky package though :(

Here was me hoping for pay per view football. Yea right ha. They make way too much money ripping us all off for the subscription model in which we watch about 4 matches a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 conor09

mine is working perfectly . i was streaming films last night it was brilliant, watched the united match too only on my own :(. i applied for the twitter and facebook previews and i got them yesterday with the update, twitter is fairly s**t as it is anyway, looks pretty ok though and for facebook, im not on that but i keep meaning to make an account , might do it soon. But for people with sky and sky multiroom this is brilliant everythin is free exept espn but i wouldnt watch that anyway if it was free. quality of the movies is perfect but live tv isnt , you can change the quality from high, medium, or low to suit your connection so thats pretty cool, best feature gotta be the movies on demand though :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 conor09

oh and last fm isnt coming to ireland, only england and usa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

I have two xboxes in the house and I know that you can only be logged on to XBL on one box at a time.

Can I download Sky player on both of them?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/microsoft/6453225/Sky-Player-launch-for-Xbox-360-delayed.html
    The service – which gives Xbox 360 owners access to hundreds of hours of programming from channels such as Sky Sports, Sky Movies and MTV – was due to go live yesterday, but the launch was suspended due to an "unforeseen technical issue".

"Sky Player engineers are hard at work to resolve the problem," said the satellite broadcaster in a statement. "We expect to have the full service available on Wednesday."

Microsoft said the service did launch at 10am yesterday as planned, but was quickly suspended once the fault was discovered.
    "The launch was met with phenomenal demand, with many tens of thousands of customers attempting to sign-up within the first hour of launch," said Microsoft in a statement.

"Unfortunately, due to the unprecedented levels of simultaneous demand, we did not have the capacity to satisfy all service requests and therefore temporarily suspended all access to the service.
    "Today, we have implemented a revised rollout to access Sky Player on Xbox 360, to ensure that consumers experience both a smooth sign-up process and high-quality experience.
    We apologise to all customers that have not been able to experience Sky Player on Xbox 360, we assure them that this is being rectified at present and we thank them for their patience".

Sky Player will be available free to Xbox Live Gold members who already subscribe to Sky TV at home. They will be able to access on-demand content through their console from all the channels that form part of their domestic viewing package. Customers with Sky Multiroom or Sky Broadband Unlimited will also be able to stream live channels to their Xbox 360 at no extra cost.

For those Xbox 360 users who do not already subscribe to Sky, the deal means they will be able to access Sky Player content via the internet without the need for a satellite dish and set-top box. These users will still need an Xbox Live Gold membership, and will also have to pay for a monthly subscription to Sky Player, which starts from £15 per month for the Entertainment Pack, which includes access to channels such as the Disney Channel, Sky Sports News and MTV One.

The technical problems will embarrass Microsoft, which hopes to become the centre of the home entertainment hub. Microsoft also said it hoped that additional catch-up television services, such as the BBC iPlayer, could also be available on the console in time. iPlayer is already available through Sony's PlayStation 3 console, and the Nintendo Wii.

No guarantee really that this will be available for today. Not hopeful at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Finally got that XBOX1MONTHFREE code working, I'll be watching the liverpool v Arsenal match on it tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,928 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fingleberries..

Cheers for the codes - have put them up over on Bargain Alerts here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

Out of curiosity, how will they know if you are already an existing sky member?

For instance, can I download sky player on my xbox at home where i don't have sky, then sign in using my works sky username and password?

d-arke wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how will they know if you are already an existing sky member?

For instance, can I download sky player on my xbox at home where i don't have sky, then sign in using my works sky username and password?
    They won't AFAIK.. I assume they'll only allow an account to be linked to a single Xbox obviously but that'll be the only restriction that I can see.

I'm on a a basic package with no multiroom.. but I'll be using my brothers sub (with multiroom, sports etc) if this is the case.

Wonder if this'll mess with his existing setup? If he has Sky Player on his PC, will that still be accessible? :confused:

It's now live according to this thread: http://forums.xbox.com/1/29686357/ShowPost.aspx#29686357

I don't see it yet though :(

It's now live according to this thread: http://forums.xbox.com/1/29686357/ShowPost.aspx#29686357
    From the above link:
    Sky Player is currently now available from the dashboard - Find it via the Video Market place, but please understand due to server issues, some problems may remain.
    So DON'T LAUNCH IT!

Christ.. will they ever learn?! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

its up on the dashboard for me but i dont have sky so no use for me

Advertisement