Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Player

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

mailrewop wrote: »
    its up on the dashboard for me but i dont have sky so no use for me
    Whereabouts on the dashboard ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

just got it there about 15 minutes ago, works great.

its at video marketplace, you can't miss it.

works very well i have to say.

Thor wrote: »

Still not showing for me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

so could i use my sisters account to get it free? she doesnt live in the same house but how would they know that?..also its still not showing up for me yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

SeanyMc22 wrote: »
    so could i use my sisters account to get it free? she doesnt live in the same house but how would they know that?..also its still not showing up for me yet..

I was going to do the same, but my brother doesn't have multiroom so it's not free in that case :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

You'll have to forgive me for not reading through this whole thread, but can someone explain to me the limitations of Sky Player. By that i mean, if someone i know has the whole sky package with multiroom, whats to stop me asking for their username and password and using it, and giving it to a few mates, and them giving it to a few mates and so on. Is there a limitation on the number of MAC addresses that can be used per account or some other restriction. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

i dont have sky but i was thinking of using the code for 3 months for the price of 2 and i was just wondering if i get the movies pack will that get me the movies on demand or just sky movies 1 & 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Just switched on the xbox there. No sign of it at all.

calex71 wrote: »
    I was going to do the same, but my brother doesn't have multiroom so it's not free in that case :mad:

so if I know someone with multi room that is willing to give me the details I could use it in my house?

its what im doing. sister lives up in dundalk and im down in dundrum works perfectly for me.

• Advertisement

its what im doing. sister lives up in dundalk and im down in dundrum works perfectly for me.

nice but i take it she has multi room right?

nice but i take it she has multi room right?

no she doesnt just all the channels but no multiroom.

i even used the voucher code before i downloaded sky player on the xbox and had all the channels live for a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

gnolan wrote: »
    You'll have to forgive me for not reading through this whole thread, but can someone explain to me the limitations of Sky Player. By that i mean, if someone i know has the whole sky package with multiroom, whats to stop me asking for their username and password and using it, and giving it to a few mates, and them giving it to a few mates and so on. Is there a limitation on the number of MAC addresses that can be used per account or some other restriction. Thanks

I would imagine the problem being that people would not give out their username and passwords for a service they are paying for so that other people can get it for free.

If that was the case, everyone would be posting their username and passwords.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Its in the Video Marketplace...nothing special to be honest...its more of a novelty, kinda like Facebook etc (and yes i am in the Preview so i can comment on Facebook!) i doubt i'll be subscribing.

Still not showing for me, must have restarted the xbox 20 times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

gnolan wrote: »

no you wouldnt be able to do that "Only one computer or Xbox 360 per household can be used to view live TV channels on Sky Player at any one time. Viewers must be entitled subscribers or members of their household "

• Registered Users Posts: 43,928 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tippex wrote: »
    no you wouldnt be able to do that "Only one computer or Xbox 360 per household can be used to view live TV channels on Sky Player at any one time. Viewers must be entitled subscribers or members of their household "
    Cheers for that... answers my question as to whether my viewing on my 360 would interrupt my brother's viewing on PC.

But it does kinda defeat the purpose of multi-room! :)

[Sky Rep]

"Yes, it's true. With Sky Multiroom, you can watch Sky channels on more than one TV or computer...

.. but only one or the other at one time. C'mon.. let's be fair.. Mr Murdock does need his coat made out of baby seal's teeth!"

[/Sky Rep]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Not showing up for me,in video marketplace,or anywhere else.

EDIT: Downloading it now. Try resetting your xbox every few mintues and it should show up eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

Let it be known, you CAN watch Sky Player and Sky TV at the same time with the same subscription.

I've watched Sky Sports on Sky Player whilst my brother watched the same channel at his home. The only problem is there's about a 5 mins difference..

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

"Sorry, you cannot sign in to sky player on this xbox as it is not registered. You can only make one change a month to your registered devices, and you have reached this limit."

-_-

• Advertisement

tampler wrote: »
    "Sorry, you cannot sign in to sky player on this xbox as it is not registered. You can only make one change a month to your registered devices, and you have reached this limit."

-_-
    Does that mean you can only have one registered device ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Hey,

Downloaded Sky Player yesterday morning and I'm having a problem with it! I subscribed online for the Multiroom (€7.50) and it works fine with most of the channels but I can't watch Sky Sports 1. I have subscribed to Variety, Knowledge, Style & Culture, Music, Childrens and News & Events Packs as well as Sky Sports 1 at home.

Does anyone know what the problem may be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/sky-player-suspended-on-xbox-live
    Microsoft and Sky have yanked the Sky Player service from Xbox Live after encountering an "unforeseen technical issue".
    According to a statement on the Xbox Live support site, "Sky Player engineers are hard at work to resolve the problem" and the service should go live today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I managed to get the sky player about an hour ago. now im after gettin the infamous error message everyone got yesterday

seems like its still not fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I'm still not seeing anywhere in the dashboard to download this, what's happening I wonder? Where should I be looking for when they do put it back up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

netwhizkid wrote: »
    I'm still not seeing anywhere in the dashboard to download this, what's happening I wonder? Where should I be looking for when they do put it back up?

On your Dashboard, go to Video Marketplace and its 2nd or 3rd across, u cant miss it (once it appears)

but i suggest not bothering ur a*se with it until tomorrow or the weekend, coz this thing is sum disaster rite now. cant believe its still not fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭ondafly

got it downloaded around 430pm - watched the spanish zombie movie REC in the movies on demand section. Extremely impressed, until the movie ended and I got the infamous error ! at least I got to the end of the movie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Watched In Bruges then stuck on Sky Sports News. Can't change the channel now because it can't connect to something or other.

FFS why did they even bother launching it if there's still problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,928 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Can't see it... downloading GH5 demo instead.

• Advertisement

According to the thread on the xbox forums the whole sky player system isn't working, I'm getting DNS errors everytime I try to load skyplayer.com Still isn't showing up on the dashboard for me either.
    They had loads of time to prepare for this.

Advertisement