Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Player

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Mine downloads but I can't log in with my ID as it comes up "Cannot connect" and gives me an error code.

Alot of hick ups with this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

cian1500ww wrote: »
    According to the thread on the xbox forums the whole sky player system isn't working, I'm getting DNS errors everytime I try to load skyplayer.com Still isn't showing up on the dashboard for me either.
    They had loads of time to prepare for this.

An absolute mess. We found out about this ages ago. They had months to perfect it and it's still fcuked.

I don't know why they bothered to release it with so many faults in it.

I got to use it for an hour and a half and the quality is fantastic. They need to sort this unholy mess out though.

Also here's hoping they add more to the Sky 1 on demand. It's very bare at the moment.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

its there alright, just downloaded it.
    can't connect to the server though..

Lenny wrote: »
    its there alright, just downloaded it.
    can't connect to the server though..

Like having a kettle without any cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭ondafly

its a DNS issue - their skyplayer site is down. So either DNS is feic'd or they've pulled skyplayer website, which the xbox uses.

I'd say when the site is back online, the xbox will start working again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea kinda ****.. I don't even sub to sky but I use my mates account for the sky player online..
    and won't be able to watch the matches tonight on it..

ondafly wrote: »
    its a DNS issue - their skyplayer site is down. So either DNS is feic'd or they've pulled skyplayer website, which the xbox uses.

I'd say when the site is back online, the xbox will start working again.

One can only hope that it's working before the Arsenal and Liverpool match.

If they wanted people to subscribe for this then early indications will drive everyone away.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,928 ✭✭✭✭Basq

What I'm getting...

photo.jpg

:(

basquille wrote: »
    What I'm getting...

photo.jpg

:(

BS.

There shouldn't have been any sort of delay. They had months. They should've covered all the angles here. Did they only expect a certain number of people to actually want this service?

Fools if you ask me.

Have you isngedout and back in?
    I only downloaded it there shortly..
    go to dashboard, press up to go the video market place, and it was the 2nd tab in.. "watch sky player today"
    But didn't they say they were going to do a roll out period? so maybe it hasn't came for your turn yet?

• Advertisement

go to dashboard, press up to go the video market place, and it was the 2nd tab in.. "watch sky player today"
    But didn't they say they were going to do a roll out period? so maybe it hasn't came for your turn yet?
    It's definitely not in my Video Marketplace after numerous restarts and logging out and in again.

All that's in my Marketplace is Videos like 'Trick R Treat' etc,.

This is true but you won't be able to access it once you've downloaded it. Grr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭ondafly

It's definitely not in my Video Marketplace after numerous restarts and logging out and in again.

I'm on the preview update (facebook tweeter etc). so I see Video Marketplace > Zune > Skyplayer > state of play > the boat the rocked etc etc

All I can say is, from the hour or two I got to use it, I'm extremely impressed. I normally use Sky Player on my MAC to watch sky sports - and this version on the xbox had better PQ and loaded alot faster. Can't wait till its up and running properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

That_Guy wrote: »
    An absolute mess. We found out about this ages ago. They had months to perfect it and it's still fcuked.

I don't know why they bothered to release it with so many faults in it.

I got to use it for an hour and a half and the quality is fantastic. They need to sort this unholy mess out though.

Also here's hoping they add more to the Sky 1 on demand. It's very bare at the moment.
    Did you have to make your Xbox the main registered device ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

i just want it to work for the match tonight, it can stop working again after its over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

just downloaded it there on the xbox tried to log in error code 0102/0000/01f7?

anyone else get that code or know what it means??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I feel for u :(

gamercfc wrote: »
    I feel for u :(
    I know..

.. I watched it a few weeks back and couldn't even finish it! :)

fox007 wrote: »
    just downloaded it there on the xbox tried to log in error code 0102/0000/01f7?

anyone else get that code or know what it means??

yea, it means Tease in that language lol :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Typical, the match is starting soon and it decides to stop working again.

• Advertisement

Do ya have to log on to sky player site and regeister your xbox in stead of your pc for it to work?

is anyone on skyplayer?

just found this

Quote:
    A system to watch Sky TV channels on the Xbox 360 has suffered technical problems on its launch day.

Users in the UK and Ireland should have been able to access on-demand programmes and up to 24 live streaming channels on the Sky Player.

The new service allows Xbox Live gold subscribers to access Sky content and is available on a variety of tariffs starting at £15 per month.

The channels available to Sky subscribers will depend on their existing television package.

Sky Digital's Director of On Demand, Griff Parry, has demonstrated the new service, which currently includes no BBC content.

Sky is in discussions with the BBC about providing the state broadcaster's shows on Xbox Live.

The BBC's catch-up TV iPlayer has been launched on the Sony PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii, although it has recently suffered problems on the Wii.
    BBC NEWS | Technology | Xbox 360 gets Sky TV player

Quote:
    It was supposed to run like clockwork. The launch of a new service that would give XBox Live users access to dozens of live Sky channels and on-demand TV shows.

But Tuesday's 10am launch didn't quite go according to plan. All some people logging on to the service could see was an error message.

It was announced months ago that XBox Live and Sky were going to work together.

The idea was to give users on-demand access to shows, as well as some live channels.

Toby Doyle, 15, from Cheltenham was one of those affected.

He said: "I was really disappointed when I found out it wasn't working.

"There's been lots of hype going on about it and I thought it'd all go well, so I was a bit shocked when it wasn't."
    Sky statement

Sky has apologised and said: "The service has been suspended due to an unforeseen technical issue.

"Sky Player engineers are hard at work to resolve the problem. We expect to have the full service available on Wednesday."

Eighteen-year-old Liam from Dumfries said that wasn't good enough for him.

"I'm quite annoyed. I think they could have done a bit more to let people know they are having problems," he said.

This service isn't the only one to suffer problems.

Nintendo's Wii has offered users the chance to watch the BBC's iPlayer for months but has also suffered technical problems since September.

When the Sky Player service on XBox does get up and running users will be able to sign up to it on a month by month basis.

Depending on what package users go for it costs anywhere from £15 to £50.

Users also need good broadband speeds, around two meg, to make it work properly and it doesn't come in HD quality.

But, if you are willing to pay, you can see live Premier League football games, get Sky One on-demand and connect with online friends at the same time, using headsets to speak while you're watching.
    BBC - Newsbeat - Sky Player launch on XBox delayed
    WeasteDevil is online now Reply With Quote

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I'm wondering....

I'm in the Netherlands at the moment, until around February, but have a Sky Multiroom subscription at home. Can I log in/register the Skyplayer so I can watch TV here in the Netherlands using the Irish sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

bigkev49 wrote: »
    I'm wondering....

I'm in the Netherlands at the moment, until around February, but have a Sky Multiroom subscription at home. Can I log in/register the Skyplayer so I can watch TV here in the Netherlands using the Irish sub?
    Worth a try, just might work.

And yet another ad for Sky Player on the TV..

.. STOP advertising it if it's not working!

:mad:

ShaneU wrote: »
    Worth a try, just might work.
    Yep, thats the best thing about sky player, you can watch it anywere in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 conor09

it was workin grand for me until they brought it back to the dashboard ffs i cant sign in now :(

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Well sky player website is back up now.. but giving errors when trying to play

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 conor09

this is a feckin joke so it is

Advertisement