Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Player

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 conor09

"european users will be unable to download the sky player. users who have already downloaded it may experiance slow or intermittent connectivity. we are aware of the problem and are trying to resolve it" is wat it says when you try test your connection .. doesnt give a time when it will be back

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Well skyplayer on the website is working now.. looks like we're getting closer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

my mate says its workin again on the xbox

why did this lap on forza have to be so long!! :( lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

its back working for me on my xbox, just as the match is over:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

mailrewop wrote: »
    its back working for me on my xbox, just as the match is over:(:(

creepy bugger u are :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 conor09

let there be sky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

still ****ing nothing for me :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Working for me now. How come im getting all the channels even though I dont have multiroom? Have to say im really impressed with it. Great quality and no buffering and my connection isnt the greatest.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,928 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nothing for me either! :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea its working now..
    all I seem to be getting is skysport 1,2,3 and mtv.
    all the rest say I have up upgrad or something like on the sky player site, same with watching the movies on demand.
    I think the quality looks better when watching it on the skywebsite and plugging the laptop into the tv via hdmi, but it does have smoothness running problems a little
    its OK, Like it has SERIOUS attraction if a nice price plan would be put in place for a fullsky package(considering that XBL is €69.99 per year, broadband connection, 35 per month * 12 = 420) so thats 489.99 per year without starting your skyplayer sub,
    Oh, and also add in the fact that your xbox is going to rrod quicker too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

It's on the dashboard for me but it just leads to the apology page saying they are trying to get it working.

Once it is working do I just sign in with the same details I used on skyplayer.com or is there another code to be entered somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

bigkev49 wrote: »
    It's on the dashboard for me but it just leads to the apology page saying they are trying to get it working.

Same here for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

besty wrote: »
    Same here for me!

Ditto here also!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Still not showing at all for me :(

That's it..

That's the last time I'm going to switch on my Xbox this evening and face bitter disappointment..!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just turned on the xbox a while ago and got slapped with an update. I'm guessing this is it? It's taking a long time too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just turned on the xbox a while ago and got slapped with an update. I'm guessing this is it? It's taking a long time too
    nope http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/10/28/xbox-360-system-update-wireless-adapter-wpa2-support.aspx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

**** Sake MS, pull the ****ing finger out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

**** Sake MS, pull the ****ing finger out

And you expect anything different from a company that has gifted the world such things of beauty as Windows Vista and Internet Explorer. If they have this running by Christmas day in time for it to crash again I'll be impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Oh thanks. Well its made my xbox go wierd. Can't sign into XBL and when I do I get the "some content unavailable" message and just have My Xbox and Friends on the dash. Anyone else get this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

It's quite nice and has some decent potential. Very handy if you all ready have Multiroom however as I cant see myself paying separately for it. I would definitely consider one off payment for specific events like for a Leinster Rugby match etc. Hopefully they might introduct something like that for Live tv (You can currently rent the onDemand stuff if you are not a subscriber etc.)

The channel list is limited to the same few ones from onDemand; most of the sky owned ones and a few others. Lot of sports stuff. I would love to see RTE Player tbh. I can see this being the new DVR in a way. Just would be better if we got faster internet to everyones home. Im currently on 3mb BT and am streaming no problem on High Quality.

From earlier:
    60816383890964742274.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

how do you change the camera angle like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

right analog stick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Downloaded it about an hour ago and well impressed with the movies on demand. I dont need to watch anything else as the Sky box is next to the Xbox anyway so having access to hundreds of movies at any time is well handy and doesnt cost any extra on top of my Sky sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,238 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

the avatar in that picture is living the dream :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Can someone clear this up for me once and for all because I've read so many different answers about it: What exactly can I get from this Sky Player on Xbox if I have a Sky subscription with Sky Sports and Movies etc but I dont have multiroom? Thanking you kindly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Winters wrote: »
    It's quite nice and has some decent potential. Very handy if you all ready have Multiroom however as I cant see myself paying separately for it. I would definitely consider one off payment for specific events like for a Leinster Rugby match etc. Hopefully they might introduct something like that for Live tv (You can currently rent the onDemand stuff if you are not a subscriber etc.)

The channel list is limited to the same few ones from onDemand; most of the sky owned ones and a few others. Lot of sports stuff. I would love to see RTE Player tbh. I can see this being the new DVR in a way. Just would be better if we got faster internet to everyones home. Im currently on 3mb BT and am streaming no problem on High Quality.

From earlier:
    60816383890964742274.jpg

It's hard to believe some TVs are that small!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

It's still not on my dashboard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

Just tuned on my Xbox to try download player again, except now I am getting an E74 (Red Ring of Death) error message, feck!

• Advertisement

cian1500ww wrote: »
    It's still not on my dashboard :(
    Yeah, wasn't on mine before I left for work about 8.40.

Advertisement