Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Player

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Just a quick question - the XBox obviously doesn't have a phone line - so how do they check it's at the right house - my mother has Sky multiroom + sports/movies - is there anything stopping me using her details in my house? - it's really unlikely she'll ever watch Sky on an Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,929 ✭✭✭✭Basq

pH wrote: »
    Just a quick question - the XBox obviously doesn't have a phone line - so how do they check it's at the right house - my mother has Sky multiroom + sports/movies - is there anything stopping me using her details in my house? - it's really unlikely she'll ever watch Sky on an Xbox.
    They don't check.. you'll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Is anybody that has this working using a wireless adaptor?

Just wondering if it causes any problems

smooch71 wrote: »

I've a wireless adapter but don't have the Dashboard yet.

It shouldn't cause any problems.. the connection may not be quite as strong as using a wired connection.. but only time will tell!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

They don't care about the location of the xbox or the laptop that is used, but you can only register 1 xbox or 4 PCs on the 1 sky subscription, they can be used anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Clareman wrote: »
    They don't care about the location of the xbox or the laptop that is used, but you can only register 1 xbox or 4 PCs on the 1 sky subscription, they can be used anywhere.

Is it 1 Xbox or up to 4 PCs? Or can you have an Xbox and say 1 PC that will work with it as long as you only use one of those devices at any one time?

I'm really looking forward to trying out the Windows Media Center add-in for Sky Player when it comes out soon. I'm not a current Sky subscriber but I would consider purchasing the package if I could use it on both my Media Center in the living room and the Xbox in the spare room. THere's only two of us so we rarely have 2 TV feeds on at the same time, but at €50 a month I'd need to have it at least supporting two feeds to consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Hi Frank, its 1 xbox and up to 4 pc's. I am using it on my Xbox and my sister has it on her pc. So yeah it should be grand.

And lads I am using the Sky player over the Wireless adapter and its grand, I watched the start of The Dark Knight and its grand.

I downloaded it early on Tuesday and eventually got into it, they have yanked alot of the content from the Sky One on.demand stuff, when I first got in they had all the seasons of Stargare SG1 and seasons of Futurama too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Clareman wrote: »

This is my problem, I can't log in to the Skyplayer website because they recognise my IP as being in the Netherlands. Is there something you need to do on the site to register the Xbox?

I've managed to talk my mother through the registration part but going any further with it could be, eh, stressful. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Still nothing for me but the apology tab...as their supposedly rolling it out gradually anyone who has it wana say where they are based and getting it? or is it just pure luck..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Can it only be loaded onto 1 Xbox or do you use your gamertag / profile to access it?

In other words can you log in as your self on someone elses console (assuming they've downloaded it) and watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

This basically makes zune completley redundant. Why would anyone pay for films when there all free on the sky player now. I seem to have free access to sky news and the two movie channels. No skysports though even though ive a subscrip to it :(

Quality is great and never buffers in the on demand. I get the occasional slow down with live tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Because not everyone has Sky TV. They might use Zune for movies.

Any update on this working? Is it still unavailable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 conor09

smooch71 wrote: »

ive a wireless adapter and its workin perfectly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Moiph wrote: »
    Can someone clear this up for me once and for all because I've read so many different answers about it: What exactly can I get from this Sky Player on Xbox if I have a Sky subscription with Sky Sports and Movies etc but I dont have multiroom? Thanking you kindly :D

I have the exact same. You get hundreds of movies on demand for free and Sky News live.

There is other on demand content such as Ross Kemp in Afghan but they are charging €1.27 per episode to rent. Why theyre doing that I dont know as its constantly being repeated on Sky anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 conor09

basquille wrote: »
    Any update on this working? Is it still unavailable?

nope up and running now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

not workin here yet

anyone in cork have it working?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

To the best of my knowledge it's 4 PCs and 1 xbox, can't mix and match, a friend of mine has the complete sky package and I set him up for sky player, he was able to view it at home and also in Finland, might need to be setup in Ireland first off, I don't know, sorry :(

not workin here yet

anyone in cork have it working?
    Ha.. don't think it's being done by region mate! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭srfc1928

Is it available to download now or is it just accessible for people who have it already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

srfc1928 wrote: »
    Is it available to download now or is it just accessible for people who have it already?

Still no download option coming up for me..what details exactly do i need to have when setting up skyplayer? il be using my sisters subscribtion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

basquille wrote: »
    Ha.. don't think it's being done by region mate! :)

oh ok....im still getting that sky apology thing on my dash.....better reboot again...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

nothere here yet except the sky apology.

bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Downloaded it last night and working fine, although I couldn't test the streaming as I don't have a sky sub

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Everything about the Sky Player is fantastic. Quality is fantastic and the selection of on demand movies is quite incredible really.

One thing I'm very confused about though is that some of the on demand programs from Sky 1 aren't free.

I've got a Sky multiroom sub with all the channel packages. i.e entertainment package, sports package and the movies package.

I can get the free on demand movies and sports and can stream all the channels available with no problem.

Was trying to watch some of the Ross Kemp programs available with the on demand feature but I'm being charged for it. Anyone else experiencing this?

That_Guy wrote: »
    I can get the free on demand movies and sports and can stream all the channels available with no problem.

Was trying to watch some of the Ross Kemp programs available with the on demand feature but I'm being charged for it. Anyone else experiencing this?
    From here:
    Most entertainment, lifestyle, and documentary programmes start at £1 to rent (£1.50 for premium content such as House) and £1-£2 to buy. Films are available only to Sky subscribers – some are free of charge for Sky Movies online subscribers, while others come at a premium of more than £3 per movie rental.

Rented TV shows usually last 48 hours, in which time you can watch them as often as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

You need to login with your SkyID in order to tie your Xbox console with your Sky Account. You register your SkyID and tie your account/card to it, then sign in on the console and you should have access to the onDemand stuff for your package.

I have not yet had a chance to tie the two together. There is a 1month free Sky Player coupon that Xbox email'd out a few days ago you can also use, but I dont know what you get with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

and still nothing, i got excited yesterday when my xbox updated but the nothing at all happened. so much for Tuesday launch. Any idea if it even will be available this week??

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

I downloaded it yesterday evening and it is working grand here.
    I'm actually impressed with the applications slickness and picture quality.
    My 3mb line is a bit ropey sometimes but I havent had a problem watching anything.
    I used my dad's sky details and he has sky sports and not the movie channels and used the free one month code with no problems.
    Im very happy to pay my dad the extra 7.50 a month for all the sky sports channels.
    I watched it for about 1 and a half hours last night and that worked out at just over a gig downloaded so people with limited bandwidth allowances should be careful they dont get throttled as a result.

gobsheen.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Yea I downloaded it last night too workig perfect

Advertisement