Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Player

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

Anybody complain to MS about this yet? Any responses or signs of any freebies for this unmitigated disaster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Still not on a lot of peoples dashes, they should really tell people what's going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

WANT NOW

I can't believe they're advertising this on TV and it's still not fixed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Plenty of discussion/arguing here about it all.

http://forums.xbox.com/8/29771350/ShowPost.aspx#29771350

Still can't believe they're not saying anything. Ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Someone rang Sky about it over on the Xbox.com forums and according to the representative it could take a few weeks to sort out. Could be pure bullcrap though :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Someone rang Sky about it over on the Xbox.com forums and according to the representative it could take a few weeks to sort out. Could be pure bullcrap though :/

It's about a week now and no communication other than Wednesday when they said it was being rolled out gradually. Nothing since. Maybe they've completely fcuked it all up and won't admit to it. Cowards!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I rang Xbox live support about it on Friday, they hadn't a clue really. Should we have expected any better from Microsoft though tbh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

netwhizkid wrote: »
    I rang Xbox live support about it on Friday, they hadn't a clue really. Should we have expected any better from Microsoft though tbh?

its on its way, chill.

consoles are for playing games not watching telly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

its on its way, chill.

in your opinion that is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

its on its way, chill.

I use mine more as a media centre actually and have not gamed in the last week, I have however spent alot of time streaming stuff from my pc in the office to the xbox and TV in the sitting room, I find it a charm and it streams High-Def stuff lovely also so long as you have it in .mp4 format or else use Tversity. I wish sky would incorporate such goodies into the Sky+ HD box which is equally as adept only everything is blocked off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ok, looks like there could be an endless wait for this.

Speaking of HD, will the channels be in HD on the Xbox....I'm assuming not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

murpho999 wrote: »
    Ok, looks like there could be an endless wait for this.

Speaking of HD, will the channels be in HD on the Xbox....I'm assuming not?

Nope I got that from a Sky Rep this evening, just normal TV..

He also told me I don't need a multi room subscription but I do need to sign up for sky player before it will be available on the dash:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Nope I got that from a Sky Rep this evening, just normal TV..

He also told me I don't need a multi room subscription but I do need to sign up for sky player before it will be available on the dash:confused:

surely the last bit is crap, how does your xbox tag know youve signed up.
    i cant tell xbox ive signed up because the sodding thing isnt on the dash.

vicious circle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

surely the last bit is crap, ...

that's what I thought, he said it was meant to be for everyone but now it's only for sky player subscribers, this would make more sense from a business point of view but I don't believe it....i'd say he was just trying to get the sale, sounded sound, a cork boy'O . He's got it for the last few days himself but he's got a sky player account.

Kinda makes sense when you think about it, how will sky know that i'm not using my mates sky player account if they don't match the names on the 2 accounts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭BlubberyGiraffe

I got it downloaded today, so I am fairly happy.. trouble is, I aint signing up for **** unless I know I wont be landed in a lengthy contract. I know you can get it for monthly, but with that special offer for 3 months for the price of 2.

I tried getting in contact with Sky and my phone number apparently was not correct even though I entered it in about 200 variations.

I wanna get it for my XBOX and I have the 3 for 2 month deal thing. I wanna get it for 3 months, thats it. I dont want a 12 month contract or anything like that. I would just prefer it to be the 3 months and at 22 quid for standard channels and movies with that deal, I am pretty happy.

Can anyone tell me how long the minimum contract is, and what I do once the 3 months are up to get the hell outta contract.

I have tried everywhere for info so hopefully someone here can gimme a hand.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

surely the last bit is crap, how does your xbox tag know youve signed up.
    i cant tell xbox ive signed up because the sodding thing isnt on the dash.

vicious circle...

Mine appeared the day after I signed up to use it on my pc. Watched a video in the web player on my pc then the next day it appeared on my dash. This was about a week after the initial launch so I was waiting for it to appear to. Maybe there is something to do with it registering your service provider and ip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

wish peple would stop taking sales reps word as law with these things, unless sky has changed terms and conditions for the service since last tuesday, if your a sky subscriber then you can watch the on demand stuff for free depnding on your package, you only need multiroom if you intend to watch the live TV part of the service, besides if you just want to see what the LIVE tv service has to offer you can enter the 1 month free multiroom sub when you sign up for it as detailed here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055723343

I havent got the sky player on the dash since i downloaded it last tuesday and was pullled from there, but I have got it in my download history and launch it and use it from there just fine

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

mossym wrote: »
    there was supposed to be a pay per view option for sports, where you could just for example pay for a Heineken cup match, without getting the entire sports pack

that would have been good but otherwise its not for me. I dont fancy becoming a sky subscriber to watch questionable quality, non HD tv (that i already have with ntl) on a box that sounds like a vacuum cleaner and uses x4+ more power that a dedicated sky box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

Scruff wrote: »
    that would have been good but otherwise its not for me. I dont fancy becoming a sky subscriber to watch questionable quality, non HD tv (that i already have with ntl) on a box that sounds like a vacuum cleaner and uses x4+ more power that a dedicated sky box.

I think its only really useful, if you know someone with the movies and sports pack, that doesnt have an xbox. The on demand movies is pretty cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

marathont wrote: »
    I think its only really useful, if you know someone with the movies and sports pack, that doesnt have an xbox. The on demand movies is pretty cool.

My brothers girlfriends dad has sky with all the whistles and bells and that. Just out of curiosity what details would I need to get off him to get this going on my xbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The Sky Viewing Card number from the primary sky box and his telephone number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Thanks, oh ok, sorry just looking at it there, should have jest checked for myself. Ok, I have a sky player account with my name on it and obviously no subscriptions, can I link his details to my account or do I need to make a sky player account in his name with his details first?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Julez wrote: »
    My brothers girlfriends dad has sky with all the whistles and bells and that. Just out of curiosity what details would I need to get off him to get this going on my xbox?

Hi, i'm the brother of the guy boning your daughter.. any chance i can sponge off your sky subscription?

I'd kick my brothers ass if he tried this one :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Julez wrote: »

Would this work?

Have NTL but we can't get Sky in our building.. could I use someone else's details?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ok ive signed up on xbox.com with my viewing card details.
    Still no sign of anything on xbox live.
    Just tried sky player on my pc and the quality is superb,hope its as good on the 360.

An update from AceyBongos twitter:
    Sky Player Update: We're beginning to roll out Sky Player gradually to all LIVE members. It'll take a bit of time so please be patient...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

cian1500ww wrote: »
    An update from AceyBongos twitter:

They said that last week... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

unklerosco wrote: »
    They said that last week... :rolleyes:
    Yeah but he posted that today.

Advertisement