Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Player

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

That entertainment pack is useless.
    You can't even watch sky 1 , VH1, any of the other mtv channels, sci fi the list goes on.
    If that's all they're offering for nearly 20 euros a month they can stick it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I'm sure I read that $ky 1 content available to view up to 30 days after it was shown.

Edit: Provided you have a Sky sub...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

This is quickly turning into the most useless and expensive TV package around.

How much is a normal sky subscription around 22 euro or something for all the channels i know my Chorus is 28 euro and that includes a multiroom box and you get all the good english channels.

"This its free to sky multiroom subscribers" ? what so that means if you pay the 15 euro to get a sky multiroom subcription on top of your exsisting sky contract 22 euro then its free ?? Since hen is 15 euro free ?

If this service was around 6 euro which i thought it would be then i would consider it but anyone thinking of getting this would be mad when you can get a far bettter TV package for the same money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Is it not just free if you have a regular sky subscription?? You only have to pay for it if you dont have a sky subscription I thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

This is quickly turning into the most useless and expensive TV package around

Summed up perfectly there.

What a load of crap this Sky add on is gonna be now, poor set of channels, and extra charges unless you have multiroom.

I have a Sky sub and no way is it work forking out more cash for multiroom or an extra sub to watch it on the xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Already have a Sky World sub and multiroom so I'm quite happy that I'll be getting these channels on my XBox, but I have to agree it's scandalous pricing for XBox owners without Sky or a multiroom sub.

If I had to pay an extra penny I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Already have a Sky World sub and multiroom so I'm quite happy that I'll be getting these channels on my XBox, but I have to agree it's scandalous pricing for XBox owners without Sky or a multiroom sub.

If I had to pay an extra penny I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest.

Totally agree with you. If you look at the live channels you're getting it's not worth the money. The Sky Sports channels are the best channels there without a doubt and it doesn't seem worth it at all.

Wonder if MS points will be a way for paying for whatever you want to watch? Not everyone has a credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I doubt very much Sky will take MS points as payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Its a load of ****e to me! I pay for the sky subscription, Xbox live gold....and they want me to pay more for this??

If people want it so badly why dont they just get sky multiroom??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I don't want it badly, It just would have been handy. My xbox is right beside my Sky box, so no way would I pay more to get sky through the xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Ooh looking like a waste of time now.

I was hoping for pay per match kinda thing for the Heineken cup or whatever, not gonna happen. May as well subscribe again to Sky sports through my satellite dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

funkyflea wrote: »
    Ooh looking like a waste of time now.

I was hoping for pay per match kinda thing for the Heineken cup or whatever, not gonna happen. May as well subscribe again to Sky sports through my satellite dish.

Yes, it would have been really good if you could just pay for the odd match. But then everyone would do that instead of subscribing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

marathont wrote: »
    Yes, it would have been really good if you could just pay for the odd match. But then everyone would do that instead of subscribing.

Surely they can do that no?

I thought you could buy a match with points?

Dragons, im out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

marathont wrote: »
    Yeah. That would have been classic, and really something that I would have signed up for ... (and I'm sure they would have done the maths to see that it would work out in their favour).
    The live channels are shockingly poor, and definitely not worth the money.

Pity ... seems a bit of an own goal here. How to grab defeat from the jaws of victory...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Quality looks to be higher res than the pc version!

Deadly, I cant wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

That looks quality in fairness!!

Anyone know whether you need to have the movies pack on your home sub to view the movies on demand on Sky Player?

Batesy wrote: »
    Anyone know whether you need to have the movies pack on your home sub to view the movies on demand on Sky Player?

yeah you do.

What impresses me most is the speed the movies take to load, on a pc you need to wait for the movie to download. I hope it's as quick as that video in reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭hushm0nk3y

you really have to pay extra if you are not a multiroom subscriber? Surely not. You can download the Sky Player to your PC/laptop and nominate it as one of your four allowed devices to watch content. The Xbox has a harddrive so it is a computer. Not sure on this extra cost and if it's true. We'll know tomorrow!

• Advertisement

hushm0nk3y wrote: »
    you really have to pay extra if you are not a multiroom subscriber? Surely not. You can download the Sky Player to your PC/laptop and nominate it as one of your four allowed devices to watch content. The Xbox has a harddrive so it is a computer. Not sure on this extra cost and if it's true. We'll know tomorrow!

Oops meant we'll know on the 27th!

hushm0nk3y wrote: »
    You need to pay extra to watch live tv, you can still get the movies on demand for no extra cost

what about the sport channels? I already pay for those on my subscription.

You'll need a multiroom sub to watch live sport. Shame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Wasn't there a thing you can invite people to the party to watch something. So in theory you only need one person with the sports thing

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Wasn't there a thing you can invite people to the party to watch something. So in theory you only need one person with the sports thing

I'm sure all members in the party will have to have Sky Sports on their multiroom sub.

Was just thinking that Sky should have made this free for everyone for a week so that non subscribers could get a taste of what's on offer and then make a decision as to whether or not they'd subscribe to something like this.

Seems a bit stupid that people are expected to pay a large sum of money to pay for something they may not actually really want in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Batesy wrote: »
    You'll need a multiroom sub to watch live sport. Shame really.

Where are you getting this info from if I have to buy multi room I would just get the sky+ box in stead of wasting time downloading and messing around trying to gt set up for a live game or what ever ,if you will have to pay extra on top of the 76e or what ever it is it will be a flop another rip from sky make it free it would be huge!

That_Guy wrote: »
    Was just thinking that Sky should have made this free for everyone for a week so that non subscribers could get a taste of what's on offer and then make a decision as to whether or not they'd subscribe to something like this.

Seems a bit stupid that people are expected to pay a large sum of money to pay for something they may not actually really want in the end.
    You can still see what channels it has, and sky news is free, sky aren't going to give you any favours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

it's been released the 28th? And still nothing from sky on it!!!

Advertisement