Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flaky nails

• 15-09-2009 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a treatment for nails that are incredibly flaky? I've tried loads of products but none work so I'd love someone to recommend something that's cheap-ish and actually works :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I found perfectil pills to be great for strengthening my nails and hair. Maybe give them a go? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

My nails are so prone to splitting and chipping - I've started using Rimmel Nauil Rescue 2 week treatment. About €5 I think

It's a clear nail varnish and I can't stress enough how well it works.

I've been using for about a year. I started with using it every day for 2 weeks. I put on one lair every day for a week - took it all off and started again the next week. The difference is incredable - my nails are long and strong.

Now I use it as a base coat every other day and it's pretty much as important to me as my mascara!

Bit of rave there but seriously - try it and see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've always suffered from flaky nails. I keep them short, and I use a hand cream several times a day, making sure to massage the cuticle each time I rub it in. This stimulates the nail growth apparently. All I know is that it works. I use Vaseline hand and nail cream - I think it's the business.

Also, get an overnight hand cream (Boots Botanics) do a great one and use that every night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

My nails are flaky and brittle and curvy and I found out I was deficient in really important minerals maybe you should ask your doctor next time you are in?

Advertisement