Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question: Naturism

Options
  • 16-09-2009 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello - I'm new to boards.ie & was not sure where to post this question, so I figured I'd start in this section.

Now some of you will reply & tell me, "mate your are in the wrong website, or forum" that may be true but I'm not a freak.

My question is: where would I find some naturism spots along the east coast of Ireland?

For those of you that are not sure what naturism is, I will tell you to look at this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturism

Look forward to your replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Other then the 40-foot at Sandycove, i'm not sure there are any dedicated spots on the east coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

You might get more info here: http://www.irishnaturism.org/

In outdoor pursuits half the fun and conversation is regarding what gear and equipment to buy. Not much to talk about that subject with naturism ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

dogmatix wrote: »
    Other then the 40-foot at Sandycove, i'm not sure there are any dedicated spots on the east coast.

The 40 Foot is no longer such a place. It's for clad swimmers only now, at least officially.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

I know a great nettle field in Wicklow. Or is that getting a little too weird?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

The forty foot is now "clad"? Thats terrible - Joyce would be turning in his grave if he knew. As for nettles its not as wierd an idea given the junkie I saw whipping his rear and back of his legs with a bunch along the grand canal last year. But I dont think nettles and gorse would make a good environment for naturists. A bit like shaving in the shower with a straight razor - its not a good idea.

Seems to me though that Ireland just does not have the climate for Naturism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

"Is this the famous forty foot?"

"Well it shrinks a bit in the cold water".

I'll get my coat ...

Advertisement