Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who got the BBQ out last weekend

Options
  • 16-09-2009 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

We managed to finally try out the new BBQ and it went down a treat, had it for months but never got the chance to bring it out, anyone else go for it?

Has anyone got any tips for cooking ribs on the BBQ i wouldnt mind giving them another shot as they didnt turn out as good as I expected them too.

Its a nightmare trying to clean that thing took me ages, would also appreciate any tips on cleaning it, I did the whole burning thing and it was still a mess

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We were going to get it out but we realised we were almost out of gas and it was too much bother to go and get some.

For perfect ribs, bring them to the boil in a large pot of water and simmer them for around 20 minutes. I do it a few hours in advance and leave them sitting in the water until I need them. Brush them with sauce (I use equal parts of ketchup, honey and worcestershire sauce and you can add chilli if you like) and BBQ them for 5-10 minutes each side, just long enough to make the sauce nice and sticky. They'll be tender and meaty :)

Those wire brushes with the blade make cleaning much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Had a final whirl with the BBQ on Saturday. Cleaned out as many of the spiders as I could see, gave it a good scrubbing with a wire brush & rubbed down the grill bars with a couple of halved lemons, then burned the bejaysus out of it for 15 mins.

Cooked burgers, sausages & lamb chops. Served with a cucumber, tomato & scallion salsa.

On Sunday did a load of lamb ribs & bacon ribs that Nana Billy picked up from the butchers. A veritable meat feast. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Last weekend? :D

We've had a BBQ every weekend this year (minus 1 or 2 when we were away). The weather will never stop me!

Advertisement