Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I think I just creamed my router

• 16-09-2009 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

:(

After having connection problems with my PS3 I decided to try to configure some ports on my router. Its a Sitecome Wl-174. After this didnt work I powered the router off and when turning it back on I cannot connect to my ISP (Eircom). I can access my routers homepage and it detects that there is a connection of sorts but it is "not connected". I dont know how to reconnect it as when I set it up initially it just found the connection and did the business itself.

Have I shagged it?

Help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

There should be a small reset switch (pinhole), either on the back betwixt power socket and ethernet ports, or else on the base. Get a paperclip and insert it into the hole and hold for about 10 -15 seconds. This will reset the router back to factory settings.

Hopefully this will solve the issue unless you have somehow screwed it up badly which I doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Vicioushead

I managed to get it working for a few mins and when creating a new WEP key it went down again. I am using my old router to access the net (Netopia router which doesnt do NAT2 type connections). Im completely baffled by this...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Maqnus

what do you mean creamed your router?:confused:

Maqnus wrote: »
    what do you mean creamed your router?:confused:

Originally I thought that he was boasting of a strange router fetish but it turns out that he just botched the settings on it so he can't connect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Maqnus

Have I shagged it?

Sorry to keep bringing this up, but what do you mean? Creamed and shagged it? Sounds like a bit of craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,193 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

He means Its dead.

Stop de-railing the thread.

I've never even heard of the brand OP. Try a Belkin, Netopia or Linksys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Maqnus wrote: »
    Sorry to keep bringing this up, but what do you mean? Creamed and shagged it? Sounds like a bit of craic.

Pipe down you. You know exactly what he meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭awkward

Place the router in a ziplock bag and pad it with rice. This usually takes the moisture out after a couple of hours.

awkward wrote: »
    Place the router in a ziplock bag and pad it with rice. This usually takes the moisture out after a couple of hours.

Ummm... What moisture?

Advertisement