Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ranting and raving forum for ranting?

Options
  • 16-09-2009 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭

Hiya,
    I think I got this right to post here, I was just suggesting maybe a different ranting and raving forum where we can argue our points?
    I've noticed that posters (myself included) getting told off for engaging in debate and not realising that that is not allowed. (I never thought to look up the sticky on that point- learned my lesson though):o
    I'm sure that maybe there's a reason you don't have one but I'll still put it across to you guys.
    It'd be nice to have a rant forum where we can actively defend a point.
    Thanks for your time :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

After Hours

The Ranting & Raving forum exists with the sole purpose of letting people getting things off their chest without any debate.

After Hours is the general discussion forum of boards, and if you want a rant and counter-rant just start a thread in there about foreign taxi driver roma gypsy Limerick skanger dole-dodging single mother Nigerians. Your cup shall runneth over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

orestes wrote: »
    After Hours
    just start a thread in there about foreign taxi driver roma gypsy Limerick skanger dole-dodging single mother Nigerians. Your cup shall runneth over

That's really uncalled for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Oh ffs

orestes wrote: »
    Oh ffs
    I'm not on the after hours forum now- I'm just putting a suggestion forward. You could have just said the after hours part if you wanted to be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Is this your example of a defending a point?

Orestes was simply giving you a prime example!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

What do I care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Never fails to amaze me the amount of times that people want to change a forum (with an existing, clear charter) to suit their needs, when other forums exist for the very purpose that they require.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

After Hours is what you're looking for though. :)

Orestes was just giving examples of some of the typical stuff that gets ranted about there. :pac:

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    Never fails to amaze me the amount of times that people want to change a forum (with an existing, clear charter) to suit their needs, when other forums exist for the very purpose that they require.

:D
    I didn't ask for a change, I wanted a separate one that didn't confuse people (and people have been in trouble for not knowing)- I didn't know about after hours- it's not clear that that's a ranting forum (I assumed it was something to do with adult stuff and kept away from it) We all can't know everything- we have to ask first.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The main problem with rant threads is that they mostly never get past a few replies, poster rants, a few people agree, someone inevitably always disagrees and gets infracted or whatever, thread dies out. Then if you post a rant in AH you get told to move it to R&R, so short of everyone just posting new counter-rant threads its all a bit pointless

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The ability to vent freely is never pointless hence R&R. The ability to get insulted on the internet for saying something dumb is also important hence AH. There are very very few threads moved from AH to R&R. The fact that threads on R&R don't get the same number of replies does not make it pointless. There's an entire community happily posting away in there. We've set it all up to try and offend as few people as possible. But there are posters who are just acheing to get offended by anything. They haven't been catered for.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Yep almost no threads are moved from ah to r n r. Due to the different rules, it wouldn't be fair to the op to do so unless they wanted it. I moved a few before put after thinking about it more it's a bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I'm not on the after hours forum now- I'm just putting a suggestion forward. You could have just said the after hours part if you wanted to be helpful.

Maybe we could have a "Poor Me, I Can't Read A Charter and I Have The Strength of Wet Toilet Roll In Any Form of Argument" forum.
    That might suit you.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, we're done.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement