Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gametrailers Modern Warfare videos

• 16-09-2009 9:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Gametrailers have loads of new vids on multiplayer.

We have a few posted here

Predator missile win

Gah embedded never works for me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbelEVn6p5k

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

RAIN wrote: »
    Gametrailers have loads of new vids on multiplayer.

We have a few posted here

Predator missile win

fyp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I'm not sure about the whole blood spatter thing i think it will annoy me even though it's more realistic than glowing red screen edges when hit, i like the 4 kill streak thing though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭irishman123

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/modern-warfare-2-capture-the-flag-gameplay

BTW - I think the blood splattering is overdone to the point of annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

BTW - I think the blood splattering is overdone to the point of annoying!
    +1 looks like it'll be really annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

cian1500ww wrote: »
    +1 looks like it'll be really annoying.

To be fair, it is much more realistic as they were shot with strawberry jam bullets. But yeah, it does looking annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

/cancels pre-order. Thanks for the vid, just saved me 60 blips.

Sad to see another series go downhill, its like watching a vid of Serious Sam. First Rainbow Six, then Ghost Recon and now Call of Duty.

I'm hoping Flashpoint hangs in there, its all thats left now. I'm not hold my breath though.

RIP, tactical first person shooters. Long live the headless chicken bunny hopping shooters.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

That blood splatter may actually put me off buying this...truely dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    To be honest the call of duty series were never tactical shooters.

True, they were a balance, leaning towards arcade style. But this is pure arcade from the looks of it. Dual wielding pistols, heart beat sensor attachments etc and then the mulitplayer vid is just the icing on the cake.

It looks like an Ultimate Strike mod for Unreal Tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

It's stupid the screen should go red in the direction youre being shot at from not a face full of Tobasco sauce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

I think this is a good feature, after all if you're beating to the shot you deserve to be inhibited somewhat. Also who can honestly say they haven't cracked up after annihilating someone with bullets only for them to turn around and kill you? This makes this kind of thing harder to do and most joyful of all, it could be a wonderful deterrent for Jugganauts and lastly with any luck when someone is on last stand then hopefully the screen is practically covered in red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I have to say, this game is looking worse and worse. I'll prob still buy it on the PC for the single player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Well I see the grenades still have their 3 inch blast radius from the last game. They are fantastic use if your trying to clear out a cornflakes box full of very small enemies.

The COD4 grenades were much more powerful than COD WAW, everyone should just play hardcore if they want a more realistic game. This would solve the grenade and blood issues.
    I do agree about the grenade issue if its COD WAW you're talkIng about, not so much COD 4 though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

In fairness if you are not going to buy a game because of a silly small thing like blood spatter on your face you probably weren't too hot on the game to start with.

IMO the videos look great. They have obviously been listening to fans asking for items like attachment upgrades and the like. Infinity Ward have put a lot of time and effort in making the multiplayer experience as good as it can be and I for one am looking forward to it.

And thats before we even think about single player and the spec ops coop missions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

In fairness if you are not going to buy a game because of a silly small thing like blood spatter on your face you probably weren't too hot on the game to start with.
    I'm not buying it 'cos I simply can't afford it and finding flaws in the game makes it easier for me to come to terms with not being able to get it :o

Seriously though they could bring down the splatter, wouldn't put me off buying it though. Just one of those small things that makes a game less perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

RAIN wrote: »
    It's stupid the screen should go red in the direction youre being shot at from not a face full of Tobasco sauce.

Actually there is and indication of direction of incoming fire, its an interior "ring" inside the blood spatter which is the same colour as the blood spatter. You can see it (un)clearly just after he respawns at 0:46.
    It does look stupidly fast, they guy looks like he been taking pep pills for 8 hours straight.

That said heatbeart sensors were in the original rainbox six game :)

Regarding the pace of gameplay looks as frantic as ever, possibly even faster but he could have some perks which do that. He has Marathon, Lightweight, & Steady Aim as his perks visible when he respawns at 0:39. Anyone have insight into the first two?

I presume they both increase mobility/speed and maybe marathon is the new name for enhanced conditioning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Blood splatter does look off-putting, but not nearly as much as the amount of text and cards that seem to be popping up during the multiplayer vids. I don't need to see what's basically a gamer card everytime I make a kill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

You're all a bunch of whingers. If you're shot you should be at a disadvantage for a bit, be it your screen narrowing, reddening or blood splatter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

yimrsg wrote: »
    Regarding the pace of gameplay looks as frantic as ever, possibly even faster but he could have some perks which do that. He has Marathon, Lightweight, & Steady Aim as his perks visible when he respawns at 0:39. Anyone have insight into the first two?

I presume they both increase mobility/speed and maybe marathon is the new name for enhanced conditioning.

IMO, Marathon is either a rehash of Extreme Conditiong, or it just increases your movement speed, while Lightweight is just Overkill - since he is carrying a normal gun and a shotgun, is he not?

Advertisement