Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cooley Raid

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Dunebuggy

Multi Sport Helmut - Salewa Helmut !!

Description

http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/product-reviews/salewa-helium-helmet-tested/2083.html

Purchased in Jackson-Sports online http://www.jackson-sports.com/ ... need any other Head torch or Bike Torch let us know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Causeway

jeffontour wrote: »
    Had the Camp 95 harness recommended to me as the harness of choice for AR due to it's light weight. Anyone know of any Irish retailers, real world or online, stocking it?

I'm also on the lookout for a multi sport helmet, my own bike helmet is ancient and cracked so probably time to upgrade before I regret it! Any recommendations?

Jeffontour I have a size large in the Camp 95 Harness, they are very lightweight but I have to say I don't have any faith in the thing at all.

Make me an offer on it and it's yours. Like new and still in it's net bag.

Options on the helmet also include the Kong Scarab Multisport Helmet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Enduro

jeffontour wrote: »
    Had the Camp 95 harness recommended to me as the harness of choice for AR due to it's light weight. Anyone know of any Irish retailers, real world or online, stocking it?

I'm also on the lookout for a multi sport helmet, my own bike helmet is ancient and cracked so probably time to upgrade before I regret it! Any recommendations?

Whilst agreeing that a mulitsports helmet is a must have for ARs (for the ropes sections, and any bike sections that include ropes sections), I'd still recommend that you get a good cycle specific helmet as well. The multisports are nowhere near as well vented as a cycle specific helmet. That can make a big difference on warm days (probably not such a big consideration for the cooley raid though!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Causeway wrote: »
    Make me an offer on it and it's yours. Like new and still in it's net bag.

According to the sizing charts I can find for it I'd be a small Causeway, but thanks for the offer. Maybe someone of more grand proportions might take it off your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Enduro wrote: »
    Whilst agreeing that a mulitsports helmet is a must have for ARs (for the ropes sections, and any bike sections that include ropes sections), I'd still recommend that you get a good cycle specific helmet as well. The multisports are nowhere near as well vented as a cycle specific helmet. That can make a big difference on warm days (probably not such a big consideration for the cooley raid though!!)

Yes, I understand that, I'm just trying to get an idea of what's available in the multisport bracket before getting a new cycle only helmet. It's been an expensive month of car maintenance costs so trying to prioritise the other purchases now!

Anyone used this helmet before?

Seems to be very little in terms of Irish based suppliers for the multi sport helmets. Just noticed I've hi-jacked this thread for kit discussion, mods please split this out as you see fit.

Advertisement