Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dissident Republicans vow to kill dealers...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭mega man

it would be no harm seeing them target a certain crime family in LImerick since the Gardai have failed us I cant see any alternative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

While I can see where some people are coming from, the issue is that we'd be replacing one set of unwanted criminal thug-scum with another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    While I can see where some people are coming from, the issue is that we'd be replacing one set of unwanted criminal thug-scum with another.

What do you mean by replacing? Replacing what exactly? Just curious.

dlofnep wrote: »

Replacing one crowd who run around threatening people without authority and taking the law into their own hands with another crowd who have proven that one of their aims is to do the exact same thing ?

Replacing one crowd who run around threatening people without authority and taking the law into their own hands with another crowd who have proven that one of their aims is to do the exact same thing ?

The original crowd aren't taking the law into their own hands, they are dealing drugs. Taking the law into their hands would imply that they are trying to punish someone else for committing a crime. So how is the RIRA replacing them? Do explain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I would say he means replacing the IRA with the RIRA pal.

Same thugs different initials:cool:

I would say he means replacing the IRA with the RIRA pal.

The topic is drug-dealers. I assumed he was referring to replacing drug-dealers with the RIRA.

:confused:

Not what I assumed buddy.

Not what I assumed buddy.

I'll guess we'll wait for him to answer then.

The original crowd aren't taking the law into their own hands, they are dealing drugs. Taking the law into their hands would imply that they are trying to punish someone else for committing a crime. So how is the RIRA replacing them? Do explain.

Many of the scum that deal drugs will gladly murder someone else involved in drugs. 99% of Limerick's ridiculous reputation is based on this.

So yes, I'm talking about replacing one set of scum that do whatever they like - including "taking the law into their own hands" - with another.

BOTH are unwanted and - since membership of an illegal organisation is a crime - BOTH are illegal and BOTH should be punished.

Whatever about the frustration that might drive "normal" communities and law-abiding citizens to become vigilantes, having one set of criminal thugs intimidate and replace an existing set of criminal thugs is unacceptable.

EDIT : Plus, bear in mind that - since you mentioned the phrase "committing a crime" - we're talking about an "organisation" (if "dissident republicans" can be viewed as such) that refuses to accept that THEIR actions are often "crimes" - defining the term to suit themselves.......while drug-dealing (the subject of this thread) might be an obvious one, how can they be trusted to decide what's a "crime" when their kind view robbing banks, murdering Gardai, etc, as "not a crime" ?

• Advertisement

Hey, great idea, better than putting words into his mouth:rolleyes:

Many of the scum that deal drugs will gladly murder someone else involved in drugs. 99% of Limerick's ridiculous reputation is based on this.

The RIRA do not deal drugs.
    EDIT : Plus, bear in mind that - since you mentioned the phrase "committing a crime" - we're talking about an "organisation" (if "dissident republicans" can be viewed as such) that refuses to accept that THEIR actions are often "crimes" - defining the term to suit themselves.......while drug-dealing (the subject of this thread) might be an obvious one, how can they be trusted to decide what's a "crime" when their kind view robbing banks, murdering Gardai, etc, as "not a crime" ?

Why tell me? I don't support the RIRA.

How can you say that???

Just wondering??

How can you say that???

Just wondering??

Do you have evidence to suggest otherwise?

As a Republican, who's familiar with the mindframe of Republicans, and who's well versed on the history of anti-drug movements within Republicanism, I can safely say that the RIRA are most likely in it on the basis of distaste for drugs within society and the damage that they do.

I'll await your evidence to counter my claim. I'll be more than happy to state that I am wrong if you can do so.

I didn't once say that they did. What I said was replying to your assertion about "taking the law into their own hands". Drug-dealers do it, and RIRA do it.

And like I said (although you ignored it) BOTH commit crimes. So neither have the high moral ground.

You do, however, seem to differentiate between them and other criminals.

Yes, the thread is about drug-dealing, but it's not going off-topic to point out the comparisons with other crimes and criminals, regardless of what their crimes against the state or citizens are.

Do you have evidence to suggest otherwise?

As a Republican, who's familiar with the mindframe of Republicans, and who's well versed on the history of anti-drug movements within Republicanism, I can safely say that the RIRA are most likely in it on the basis of distaste for drugs within society and the damage that they do.

I'll await your evidence to counter my claim. I'll be more than happy to state that I am wrong if you can do so.

Are you for real mate???

The best police forces in the two states can't bring forward that kind of evidence.

What's this waffle of "being familiar with the mindframe of Republicans" all about?

Do you drink in the Padraig Pearse or something.??

I didn't once say that they did. What I said was replying to your assertion about "taking the law into their own hands". Drug-dealers do it, and RIRA do it.

And like I said (although you ignored it) BOTH commit crimes. So neither have the high moral ground.

Fair enough point.

You do, however, seem to differentiate between them and other criminals.

Where have I done this?
    Yes, the thread is about drug-dealing, but it's not going off-topic to point out the comparisons with other crimes and criminals, regardless of what their crimes against the state or citizens are.

That's fine. No problem with that at all Liam. I was just curious if you were going to make accusations of drug-dealing or not.

Are you for real mate???

The best police forces in the two states can't bring forward that kind of evidence.

So, you have no evidence to suggest that they deal drugs. You have not seen them deal drugs. There are no reports of them dealing drugs. So where exactly do you get your intel to state that they deal drugs? I'm curious.

Like I've already said to Liam, I don't support the RIRA so I'm not at liberty to defend them on anything. But I've seen these accusations of drug-dealing before on here, and I'm curious as to where the substance for such a claim is?

Evidence buddy:D??

You've made the accusation that they do - the onus is on you the prove that it is true. I'm not sure if you understand law properly. For example - I don't have to go around and prove that Joe Bloggs doesn't hotwire cars every thursday, unless there is evidence to suggest that he does. Now, you made an accusation - which is fine, but I'm awaiting evidence to support your claim. I don't support the RIRA, so I'm not bothered either way if you actually find evidence. I will be thankful if anything for bringing such a claim to light - but you do not have this said evidence, so your claims don't hold much water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

why don't you provide evidence as to the opposite if you seem so certain

NO I DIDN'T

NO I DIDN'T

You indirectly did when you asked me how I could state that they do not deal drugs. I replied to you that there was no evidence to suggest that they did, with which you then responded "Are you for real mate???". It is very clear that you feel that they deal drugs - so, we are awaiting your evidence of such a thing.

I'm talking about taking the law into their own hands pal.

Now, let's get down to it.

You stated the RIRA do not deal in drugs. Categorical!!

Now buddy.......evidence.

You stated the RIRA do not deal in drugs. Categorical!!

Now buddy.......evidence.

Um, isn't the lack of evidence for them dealing evidence in itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

Are you for real mate???

Then why would you suggest that it was the case despite there being no evidence?
    What's this waffle of "being familiar with the mindframe of Republicans" all about?

Do you drink in the Padraig Pearse or something.??
    Ah now, there's no need to go casting aspersions on his character! :pac:

DoireNod wrote: »

Ah now, there's no need to go casting aspersions on his character! :pac:

:D Sorry 'bout that bit of a cheap shot.

Apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Souljacker

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/para/nira.htm

Hmm.. Not the worst crimes, but then one could argue either’s dealing blow. Still drug dealing whatever way you look at it.

Maybe if the British/Irish government legalised cannabis the RIRA'd smuggle it as well as the booze and fags.

Souljacker wrote: »
    http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/para/nira.htm

Hmm.. Not the worst crimes, but then one could argue either’s dealing blow. Still drug dealing whatever way you look at it.

Maybe if the British/Irish government legalised cannabis the RIRA'd smuggle it as well as the booze and fags.

Ah now, a credible source if you please.

I don't believe that they are dealing drugs. I think they are batshít crazy, but I don't believe they are drug-dealers. There really is no evidence to suggest that they are. And if one or two individual members were - would that mean it's policy to do so? Just curious.

Once again, if there is evidence that shows the RIRA, as a unit dealing drugs for whatever means - to fundraise or whatever, I'll gladly accept it. Like I said, I've no love for them, especially after Omagh. But I do like to see evidence for such claims.

• Advertisement
Advertisement