Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hairdryers

• 16-09-2009 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭

basically i need a new hairdryer as i keep robbing my sisters one and im moving to dublin soon to go to college so i cant rob it on her all week thats just mean. so im wondering can anyone suggest a decent hairdryer to buy thats cheap enough?? :):)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

I love my new-ish hair dryer, its the Remington shine therapy one. I really notice the difference when I use it, really conditions my hair etc. This is the one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Remington-D4444-Shine-Therapy-Dryer/dp/B001A205LQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=drugstore&qid=1253093649&sr=8-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

Try get a Paralux one - it will last you a lifetime and it is the best professional hairdrier - you're probably gonna pay around 70-90 for it but it will be money well spent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Try get a Paralux one - it will last you a lifetime and it is the best professional hairdrier - you're probably gonna pay around 70-90 for it but it will be money well spent

I agree. You can get them in Terrisales on Abbey Street if in Dublin. Mine cost me 78euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

cool thanks guys!!!:):) has anyone tried or heard anything about the tresseme ones??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

basically i need a new hairdryer as i keep robbing my sisters one and im moving to dublin soon to go to college so i cant rob it on her all week thats just mean. so im wondering can anyone suggest a decent hairdryer to buy thats cheap enough?? :):)

Haha this made me laugh, I do the same thing to my sister, she bought the hairdyer but I take it (and her hair curler, ghd, clothes...)!:pac: I'd recommend the Remington ones in Argos, you can get some very good ones, some nice deals there! Also boots are giving a voucher at the moment, handy if your buying toiletries for college and need to shop there anyway, €7.50 off electrical goods, you might find a nice one in there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Avenuegirl

I bought one in Peter Mark's for 50E and it's absolutely amazing. It's the same one that they use in the salon so it's incredibly powerful. They sell them at cost price so you're basically getting a hairdryer that should be retailing for far more.
    You should always look at the wattage as this determines how powerful your hairdryer will be. So if you do shop around make sure that you compare wattage as well as price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Beaut.ie did a decent guide to buying a hairdryer here. I found it pretty useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

That beaut.ie piece is good, I got a remington ionic hairdryer not so long ago but i find it leaves a residue on my hair. It feels like I've left some conditioner in and it's not as shiney as the parlux blow dry. I broke my parlux at the start of the year and i miss it so much. best hairdryer EVER. Going to save for a new one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Gauge wrote: »
    Beaut.ie did a decent guide to buying a hairdryer here. I found it pretty useful.

thats a really helpful article thanks Gauge!!! i found one that looks good in a shop in town its only €20 :eek:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-TRESemm%C3%A9-HP4892-Salon-ProCeramic/dp/B000A7NMVW

im leaning towards it although im going to have a look around town and just compare them all and see whats good value for my money!!

thanks guys :D x x x

Advertisement