Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Standard Liege vs. Arsenal [Merged]

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

I think we miss Denilson & Nasri's energy on a night like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

WHY oh WHY does Eboue get a game for us, every thing he touches turns to muck... cannot understand it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

What a ****ing goal!:eek:

Get in there!!

LOL Bit of a flukey goal there, Vermaelen too.
    Now to turn it up a notch and win it.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

shocking stuff from the officials

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

get in, clear offside!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! should not stand, but who cares :D

Wow nice shot by Eduardo there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Paleface

Offside but the goal stands. A bit of luck was needed I guess!!

Cheeky flick at the goal there by Vermaelen.
    I love this guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

yessss....

EDUARDO!!!!!
    Makes up for the earlier mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭hudsonriver

3 to the arsenal :D

Wahey!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Liege will feel hard done by. Very unlucky.

Still can't complain with the way things have gone:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

YESSSSS **** YEAH EDDY

Don't know how it was accepted but got 10 Euro on at 2/1 as the corner came in :D

Go on you gunners, stuck a few quid on em at 2-0 too :D Got 4-1 odds, they were out to 8-1 just before equaliser..

• Advertisement

If we can make it 4-2 then I'll definitely get over our defeat away to City last week.

Great to see Jack getting a run out, would'nt be surprised if he popped up with a goal

Should have been 4.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Commentators really hate Arsenal don't they :mad:.

Redzer7 wrote: »

As I said earlier Lou Macari is just doom and gloom personified!! The other twit with him is just agreeing with everything he says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Arsenal are are joke of a club, it happens everytime a big club beats them they lose all their confidence and play crap for 10 games, lucky they have some easy games in the league coming up.Jose Mourinho was right when he said Arsene Wenger is the only manager of a big club that does not need to win things, lets see what happens when they miss out on a top 4 place.

lol

sorry mate

but you spoke to soon

Great result.
    Comebacks are good.:)

Vampireskiss -> In your face!!

Good result considering we were down 2-0 within 5 minutes. Pretty happy with the result also considering our injuries.

Don't write us off just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

Deeeeeeeelighted :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Standard Liege deserve to lose for playing 11 men behind the ball.
    Redzer7 wrote: »

That is Setanta Sports for you. They have a problem with Arsenal for some reason. I bet that Pat Dolan is not in a good mood right now. I watched on Sky Sports and the commentary was quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Standard Liege deserve to lose for playing 11 men behind the ball..

My thoughts exactly, wasn't a pretty game by any means but im delighted we came back from 2-0 down :D

As for players who played well for us I can only really name two and that was Bendtner who ran his arse off and got a good goal and Vermaelen who was solid at the back :) but a wins a win sure. 3 much needed points on the board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Standard Liege deserve to lose for playing 11 men behind the ball.

That is Setanta Sports for you. They have a problem with Arsenal for some reason. I bet that Pat Dolan is not in a good mood right now. I watched on Sky Sports and the commentary was quite good.

Lol dead right

Pat Dolan...."what has to change is wenger"

"arsenal bought vieria / petit ... world cup winners... the finished articles" - they are serious idiots.

No one had heard of either Viera or Petit before Wenger brought them in.

Setanta are really poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I guess a win is a win but jees we looked ropey a times. Poor Mannone had nothing to do but pick out of his net. Plus points were Vermaelen and Bendtner, thought Rosicky played well too. Let downs were Eboue (again) and Song who I thought was absolutley abysmal. He was lucky not to have us 3-1 down with that shocker of a pass to Gallas at the start of the second half.

Anyway, 3 points at the end of the day. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Arsenal are are joke of a club, it happens everytime a big club beats them they lose all their confidence and play crap for 10 games, lucky they have some easy games in the league coming up.Jose Mourinho was right when he said Arsene Wenger is the only manager of a big club that does not need to win things, lets see what happens when they miss out on a top 4 place.

Lol

We didn't deserve anything but to lose on our first half display.
    Although in the Second Half Liege played 10 men behind the ball 25 yards from goal so I think a draw would have been a fair result.

Second goal should never have been allowed, don't know what the officials were playing at.

I know he got the goal but Eduardo was absolutely muck, if I was Wenger I would have had him off at HT and Wilshere on. Shows what I know.

Also Fab's dead ball delivery's were woeful tonight, after the first few I can't believe we didn't put Rosicky on them.

Clcihy had another one of those games. Some absolutely suicidal defending in a few instances, but then at the same time two top quality last ditch blocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ah but he has the cson curse on him does Clichy. Anelka, Vieira, Overmars, Henry, Kanu and Adebayor have all graced the back of a cson Arsenal shirt in the years past and look what happened them.... Clichy currently occupies the back of the home shirt and is the next doomed.

I'm holding off on getting Fabregas on the back of my away shirt.

Eboue maybe..... :p

Awful start to the match but we kept plugging away, got a huge amount of luck but at the end of the day three points is all that counts,am glad the team did not give up. Plus point was deffo Rosicky, you can see how we have missed him,players to come back from injuries, lets hope we can win our next cl match, it would be nice to get top spot position with games to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

The difference with Eduardo compared to some of our other ****e players on the night is that no matter how badly he plays he is always likely to score a goal. He really is world class and I hope he stays fit because he will be vital to us this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Excellent result. An away win is a great way to kick off the group. The first goal was shocking play, really lax flick from Eduardo. I thought the peno was a bit dodgy, couldn't see any contact, but we did leave ourselves open. After the terrible start we took ages to regain composure, but after about 30 mins we started to totally dominate. Great to get the first just before half-time, super turn and pass from Diaby and a good finish from Bendtner.

Second half it seemed to be just a matter of time before the equaliser came, didn't think it was offside but was definitely handball so we got very lucky with the goal. Good finish from Eduardo for the third, and overall I thought Arsenal deserved to win. Outside of 3-4 defensive mistakes from Arsenal, Liege offered very little going forward.

Thought Vermalen had another great game. He was the only player who kept his nerve after the terrible start and it looks like he has the potential to become a leader in the team. Great to see Rosicky back, played very well considering he has had so little football over the last two years. Eboue also played well imo.

Clichy was poor defensively, Eduardo was terrible and Bendtner frustratingly inconsistent. Fabregas was just sh!t, plain and simple. Constantly gave the ball away, lost out in possession and failed to win anything in midfield. His setpieces were attrocious, over-hit 90% of them. Really poor, and not just by his own high standards.

Arsenal are are joke of a club ... lets see what happens when they miss out on a top 4 place.

Quoted for stupidity.

I've been trying to take positives from last nights game.

Standard Liege made Liverpool work very hard to progress into the Champions Legaue group stages last year and they knocked Everton out of the Uefa Cup.

So for example if Arsenal were to go to 2-0 down in the first five mins playing Everton at Goodison Park but ended up coming back to win the game 2-3 then most people would agree it was a great result and the kind that you look back on at the end of a season.

Now while I think the performance last night is one that most of the players will not want to look back at whatsoever, the result is what counts.

Lets hope they can produce a more commanding display against Wigan at the weekend!

Advertisement