Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours cat taken to DSPCA

Options
  • 16-09-2009 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Our neighbours had a cat that they don't care for. We thought it was a stray for a long while and were feeding it along with other neighbours feeding it. He was recently inhured in a fight and I spoke to owners about it and they didn't care about his wound.

Anyway, obviously someone else on the estate thought he was a stray as he is now with the DSPCA! He's been missing for a couple of weeks and is now on their website.

He's a lovely cat and I really hope he gets a good home that he deserves - he's handsome and very affectionate, so I am glad that he is at the DSPCA and has the chance of a new home.

I just wonder what happens if he doesn't get adopted? I'm not in a position to adopt him at the moment as I have two indoor kitties and don't have space for another (wish I did). I can't find information on the website on what happens to cats that are not adopted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

Well the DSPCA do not put down animals, so if he doesn't get adopted, they will either just hang on to him until he does or find a foster home for him until such a time comes that someone wants to adopt him. I think the dspca have people that regularly foster animals from them, when space is short.

Advertisement