Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Debreceni VFC Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Good to see Fabio back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Babel doing really well imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Phew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Struggled to the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

joe123 wrote: »
    Babel doing really well imo.

Yeah he looked sharp, good to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bleugh, Gerrard left his shooting boots in the bootroom. Babel just gave us a glimpse of whats possible.

The defence is really bugging me, why is it so hard tet a ball clear of danger, it seems to end up skewing or hiting the nearest opposition shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Ronnie out with his lies again.
    Look at the glee in his eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

RTE crew talking complete shíte as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Would Ronnie Whelan please WHEEL ON!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Haha Carra, brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    RTE crew talking complete shíte as usual.

Thought Cascarino and Keown were great on TV3 last night.

And Tony looks really well. He must be nearly 50 at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Phew.

I really wish I could say what i'd like to say about Ronnie Whelan here,I sincerely dislike the man,and the fact that he's an ex 'pool player only makes his nonsense worse.

according to Ronnie Aquilani won't be fit till January "Probably".
    I don't even consider him an ex-Liverpool player anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

very poor, perform like that on saturday and west ham have 3 points in the bag

defence look s**t, and have looked sh*t since the first day of the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

according to Ronnie Aquilani won't be fit till January "Probably".
    I don't even consider him an ex-Liverpool player anymore.

He said January? The guy is either a professional troll or just clueless.

jayteecork wrote: »

Keown? are you serious? good god he was no more than a 'name' and a bum on a seat imo,he might as well not have been there.

The were very bland to me. Or that could've been fulfilled by Matt Cooper. His voice ... it BORES!

mike65 wrote: »

he works for rte ffs, its obvious unless your name is liam brady that you are clueless, souness, dunphy, parrot man giles, jesus what a lineup

mike65 wrote: »
    The latter. Like all of of the panel.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    The were very bland to me. Or that could've been fulfilled by Matt Cooper. His voice ... it BORES!

I point they made some mostly valid points, completely void of the insane rants you hear from Dunphy and Whelan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Actually what whelan said was that aquilani will not be fit until november, and will not get to his best until january.

Anyone who has ever kicked a ball at any sort of level would agree with the sentiment of what he said. Any player out for a period as long as him would need 5/6 games to get match fit and no amount of oxygen tanks or training are a substitute for match fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,108 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

what sort of question is that to ask Rafa "was Steven Gerrard playing a deeper role tonight?"...like, wtf, why not just go asking if Liverpool were playing in red tonight?

Ronnie talking about Aquilani was just hilarious though. Gonna take him 4 months to get fit apparantly. Christ.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

the insane rants you hear from Dunphy and Whelan.

Dunphy: 'A Liverpool team with Lucas in it wont win the champions league, maybe the Eurovision song contest!'

:pac:

daithijjj wrote: »
    Actually what whelan said was that aquilani will not be fit until november, and will not get to his best until january.

Anyone who has ever kicked a ball at any sort of level would agree with the sentiment of what he said. Any player out for a period as long as him would need 5/6 games to get match fit and no amount of oxygen tanks or training are a substitute for match fitness.

He uses it as another weapon with which to needlessly attack the manager, acting like he cares about the club. Even there now, talking about how Lucas isn't World Class (who thinks he is?) with an enormous grin on his head.

Aquilani is probably back mid october and we probably have over 15 games between then and January. It's something he made up

Seriously Rafa is a saint. Nobody else will talk to Tony O'Donoghue.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

aye, to a point though, it's not that black and white.
    you know he could be overall not graet for his first 5 games but who knows could still manage some important assists or a piledriver or 2 from 30 yards.
    It's no an exact science every single player takes time to get fully up to speed but you'll notice the ones with brains pick it up really quickly while the guys who are just natural athletes take more time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Whelan's bitterness toward's Rafa is pathetic TBH.

Oh god, what new innovation is this? Shane O'Donoghue with a clip-board and a big screen.

Lyon won tonight as well. they'll probably be our nearest challengers

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Whelan's bitterness toward's Rafa is pathetic TBH.

You hit the nail on the head there Bandit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

I'm heartily sick of 'not world class' being used as a criticism against anyone, let alone players who are (a) young and (b) good and getting better. It is the purest form of Sky Sportsery possible.

You hit the nail on the head there Bandit
    Aye. It' actually pretty sad that he let's his personal problems with Benitez get in the way of his match analysis. Very unprofessional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Oh god, what new innovation is this? Shane O'Donoghue with a clip-board and a big screen.

Lyon won tonight as well. they'll probably be our nearest challengers

Shane O' Donoghue?? Who the hell is that?? It's Con Murphy!!

It's so sad about Ronnie Whelan, he was one of my heroes when he played the game. Now, he's just a clueless, bitter poisonous little **** who doesn't care about Liverpool FC, he just has his own, little anti-Rafa agenda to follow!

monkey9 wrote: »

right you are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

mayordenis wrote: »
    aye, to a point though, it's not that black and white.
    you know he could be overall not graet for his first 5 games but who knows could still manage some important assists or a piledriver or 2 from 30 yards.
    It's no an exact science every single player takes time to get fully up to speed but you'll notice the ones with brains pick it up really quickly while the guys who are just natural athletes take more time.

Yes, of course. However, i was just making a point that its not the big controversial comment that its being made of in this thread. To be quite honest, id settle for a fully match fit aquilani with a few games under his belt by the start of 2010. The italian league is pedestrian compared to the prem, if aquilani can get up to speed with the league and be able to play 90 mins by jan 1st, il take it at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

The italian league is pedestrian compared to the prem

exactly why it will probably take him even longer

monkey9 wrote: »

It's so sad about Ronnie Whelan, he was one of my heroes when he played the game. Now, he's just a clueless, bitter poisonous little **** who doesn't care about Liverpool FC, he just has his own, little anti-Rafa agenda to follow!

Whelan actually said in the pre-match coverage tonight that "Benitez play's Lucas because he actually feel's sorry for him"......referring to his treatment from the mindless idiot boo boys last season. :pac: Yes Ronnie that's why he play's him. Seriously you could'nt make it up. What a parcel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

I point they made some mostly valid points, completely void of the insane rants you hear from Dunphy and Whelan.
    To be fair to Whelan he talked up Johnson quite a bit. But overall panel were very biased tonight. Dunphy just playing to the crowd. Lucas voted on young player of year on Liverpool Tv last year so I guess they should know. Would like to see Lucas get a few more goals but he looks comfortable enough on the ball.
    Babel did well enough when he came on and Benayoun again impressive. Was annoyed when Giles talked down that terrific run in second half.
    Overall though we were poor. Torres and Gerrard struggling at moment but that will come as the season progresses. A bit worried about left side though. Riera worked hard but his shooting not great tonight.

The 2 best things about tonights match:

1. The 3 points

2. Lucus being cheered instead of jeered. It's wthout doubt helping the lad who is coming on leaps and bounds. I'm glad Rafa has stuck with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Liverpool were pathetic tonight, attacking the panel is not going to change that.

I thought they were quiet lenient from the display I witnessed.

Truely Awful, apart from Johnson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

There goes the thread. G'night.

Boggles wrote: »
    Liverpool were pathetic tonight, attacking the panel is not going to change that.

I thought they were quiet lenient from the display I witnessed.

Truely Awful, apart from Johnson.

a bit like united last night.

3 points is all that matters at this stage.

• Advertisement

Riera worked hard but his shooting not great tonight.

riera played well in the first half but tired quickly in the second, didn't riera have the only shots on goal from a liverpool point of view before kuyts goal?? i could be wrong but he has 2-3 the goalie saved prior to the goal and 2-3 wide of the target too of course

rarnes1 wrote: »

This thread isn't about United or last night. :rolleyes:

3 points is all that matters at this stage.

this is true, in seasons past e.g. marseille at home, benfica at home and home to Boavista they played like muck and lost or drew

Boggles wrote: »
    This thread isn't about United or last night. :rolleyes:

Are you Ronnie Whealan in disguise?

Do you want to discuss the match our call me childish names?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

are you suggesting they were not poor tonight?

liverpool fans who were actually in anfield tonight on radio 5 saying it was woeful and that lucas is not good enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I think its fair to say Liverpool were poor tonight. Lets not be silly and have petty arguments or anything. Pool fans expected better and rightly so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yeah, Liverpool were sh!te tonight, boring match. Three points is the main thing!

ntlbell wrote: »

liverpool fans who were actually in anfield tonight on radio 5 saying it was woeful and that lucas is not good enough?

we were poor tonight but won.

We have played far better and not won.

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »

Their geographic location doesn't make them right. lucas did fine tonight.
    We were terrible, but should have scored 5. I can live with that.
    We have had problems this season, but we still look like scoring goals every time we play, picking up were we left off last season. Just need to tighten up that defense

Advertisement