Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps3/360 games problem i have

Options
  • 16-09-2009 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭

Ok i posted this in here cause its not about just one single console and didnt wanna break any charters or anything.

Anyways...

I own both 360 and a ps3 i payed full price for both as i bought them very early. Now i find meself using the 360 much more even though i have plenty of games for the ps3. I find myself always buying the game i want for the 360 even though its on ps3 also.

Now this aint a i love 360 ps3 is crap post what im saying is im looking for a way to even things out a bit with out missing out i hate having a console i payed alot for just sittin there. I love both consoles i just find the 360 much easyer to pick up and start playing but really wanna get back into my ps3 as well.

Does anyone understand what im saying or have the same problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Same here, have both consoles and I end up using the 360 far more than my PS3. I got my 360 on launch and the PS3 when the last 60gb versions were being sold off. I like them both but the 360 keeps drawing me back. There must be a reason for it deep down:pac:.

I'd like to use my PS3 more and have a want to use it more considering I paid around €450 on it at the time but I'm finding it tough with the 360 sitting beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Same here, have both consoles and I end up using the 360 far more than my PS3. I got my 360 on launch and the PS3 when the last 60gb versions were being sold off. I like them both but the 360 keeps drawing me back. There must be a reason for it deep down:pac:.

I'd like to use my PS3 more and have a want to use it more considering I paid around €450 on it at the time but I'm finding it tough with the 360 sitting beside it.

Thats my problem man haha its annoyin me though i mean i go back now and again and play ps3 i have least 3 games i aint even played for me ps3 yet lol although i have this problem for me 360 to i have least 4 or 5 games i aint had chance to really get into yet for 360.

But ya im trying to find ways to get me back into ps3 again. With fifa 10 out soon im thinking should i buy it for ps3?? will i miss out in anyway if i buy it for ps3 and not 360.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I own both 360 and a ps3 i payed full price for both as i bought them very early. Now i find meself using the 360 much more even though i have plenty of games for the ps3. I find myself always buying the game i want for the 360 even though its on ps3 also.

Now this aint a i love 360 ps3 is crap post what im saying is im looking for a way to even things out a bit with out missing out i hate having a console i payed alot for just sittin there. I love both consoles i just find the 360 much easyer to pick up and start playing but really wanna get back into my ps3 as well.

It's not a problem, you just prefer the pick up and playability of the 360 - maybe it's the controller or live/friends.

I'm the opposite, I prefer the PS3 to the 360 and very rarely play the the 360 and buy the multi-platform games for the PS3 (as well as its exclusives).

Have you downloaded any of the PSN games? They might help you get into the PS3 more.
    Either way, its not a bad problem to have, is it?:p

Haha no its not :p

Im actually looking at gettin a bigger hard drive for the ps3 and it seems a hell lot easyer then the 360 is there a difference in multi platform games on both systems ?? Im used to playing them on 360 and have heard people saying they look better on 360 but never compared them me self.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Yes, I have the very same problem, but with the 360 instead of the PS3. I bought a 360 for Fable 2, and then I bought a couple more games (Lost Odyssey and Castle Crashers), but always seem to turn on the PS3 the majority of the time. My OH prefers the PS3 so when we go to play a game together it will take preference. However, when Shadow Complex came out I played it for nearly 3 days straight. I got a loan of the Gears games so now I'm trying to get into them as well.

So my advice would be to find some exclusive games (either disc releases or downloadable games) for your PS3. What ones have you got? I'd recommend LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, inFamous, Motorstorm Pacific Rift and Killzone 2. Flower, Super Stardust HD, Fat Princess, Shatter and the Pixeljunk games are great downloadable titles.

Have a look at the exclusive games coming out fairly soon as well: At the moment I'm looking forward to Uncharted 2 (playing the beta at the moment, it's excellent), MAG, Gran Turismo 5 and Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time. I'll be getting Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3 as well, and maybe Assassin's Creed 2. I would usually get multiplatform games for the PS3, but if someone said the PS3 version was buggy or something like that, I'd get the 360 version. Luckily that hasn't happened yet.

Maybe you should try and find a multiplayer game on the PS3 that you enjoy? Do you have any friends with PS3s?

• Advertisement

I dont know anyone with a ps3 all me mates have 360s so we usually all play on them.

Alot the multi platform games i have bought most people on game sites have always said 360 version looked and played slightly better. Me personally i have never seen this in the flesh so i dont know.

I have infamous little big planet and the last 2 COD games that game out those were the last couple of games i bought for the ps3 that and metal gear solid. Im thinking maybe gettin new fifa for ps3 but still not sure cause of xbox live and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I have infamous little big planet and the last 2 COD games that game out those were the last couple of games i bought for the ps3 that and metal gear solid. Im thinking maybe gettin new fifa for ps3 but still not sure cause of xbox live and so on.

Based on those games, try Uncharted Drake's Fortune [sequel will be released in a month] and Resistance 2. Both superb games and you should be able to get them fairly cheap now.

Otacon wrote: »
    Based on those games, try Uncharted Drake's Fortune [sequel will be released in a month] and Resistance 2. Both superb games and you should be able to get them fairly cheap now.

Actually i have resistance 2 as well forgot bout that i started playing it and liked it just got side tracked im looking at upgrading the hard drive to 500 gigs so that should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I dont know anyone with a ps3 all me mates have 360s so we usually all play on them.

Alot the multi platform games i have bought most people on game sites have always said 360 version looked and played slightly better. Me personally i have never seen this in the flesh so i dont know.

Well if you don't have any mates with PS3's you should add some people from Boards or something so that you'll have more people on your friends list that you can play with? No Killzone 2 love?

Multiplatform games apparently do look better on the 360 - I have a very hard time seeing the differences though. It's usually something minor like the 360 version has 4x Anti-alaising versus 2x on the PS3, stuff like that. Basically, if you look really closely, during some scenes in some games, the arm of the main character looks better in the 360 version. You're more likely to have the settings on your TV set making the game look bad than the PS3 or 360 version really being that different. I've never heard of a game being broken on one system versus the other.

Gameplay is king really, and in my experience the games are identical. Controller preference, friends lists and achievements/trophies are what I think most people use to decide what system to get their game for. I'd be more inclined to get a game for one system over another if it has something extra - like the DLC for GTAIV on 360 or the free Joker DLC for Batman: Arkham Asylum on the PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

yep, i mainly use my 360 too. The online service and achievements sucked me in and meant that at first, id always buy the 360 version for achievements and the whole xbox.com website where you can look at them and whatnot. (achievement whore, i know. i just love seeing them all together!)
    I know the ps3 has trophies now for most games but its too little too late for me, ill always trump for a 360 version rather than a ps3 version. Also ive yet to see a ps3 version of any multi platform game that resoundly beat its 360 counterpart in every department, whereas stuff like fallout 3 on 360 took a massive **** on the ps3 version

• Advertisement

0ubliette wrote: »
    yep, i mainly use my 360 too. The online service and achievements sucked me in and meant that at first, id always buy the 360 version for achievements and the whole xbox.com website where you can look at them and whatnot. (achievement whore, i know. i just love seeing them all together!)
    I know the ps3 has trophies now for most games but its too little too late for me, ill always trump for a 360 version rather than a ps3 version. Also ive yet to see a ps3 version of any multi platform game that resoundly beat its 360 counterpart in every department, whereas stuff like fallout 3 on 360 took a massive **** on the ps3 version

Thats another reason i bought fallout 3 for ps3 in first place it crashed i dunno how many times couldnt play game at all. Brought it back swaped it for 360 was perfect. I am tempted to try fifa 10 on me ps3 and maybe have a look at killzone 2 as well cause i heard its really good.

If i play online which is rare its usually xbox ps3 online for me aint all there just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Polar101

Why not just sell the console you're not using? :)

Advertisement