Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Marks

Options
  • 16-09-2009 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Took my 2 year old little girl out to get her hair cut on Friday and was disgusted when I was quoted 43euro from this shower.

Seemingly you have to pay adults prices for children on a Friday. Would of taken them all of 5mins to cut her hair and half the girls where standing around doing nothing because the shop was quite.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gudbuzz

would you not cut her hair yourself? dont think id spend anything on a two year olds haircut!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Thats a company thinking from the rule book instead of thinking with their heads. My local pm have always said theyd trim my fringe or my daughters fringe foc, but Ive never put it to the test. I bring my lil girl to our local (female) barber. Theyre usually a better bet for kids cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Don't thrifty parents use pudding-bowls and scissors these days?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Don't thrifty parents use pudding-bowls and scissors these days?
    No, thrifty parents buy a remington strimmer thing and give everyone a buzz cut. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Oryx wrote: »
    No, thrifty parents buy a remington strimmer thing and give everyone a buzz cut. :)

They use far too much energy, are inaccurate, and increase one's carbon footprint.:P

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 76 ✭✭Grandadsbear

Not Peter Marks but another “Salon” …

I decided after going to the same hairdresser for a number of years and never really being that happy with it, to go somewhere else. This place had kinda been recommended, closed on a Monday so I just looked at the price list, 45euro…grand so I went in the following day and made an appointment. Went to my appointment was greeted with a big smile sat in a chair and asked

Her: what will we be doing with it today
    me: a good trim, the ends are pretty rough
    Her: Lovely. Sure come on over to the sink and I’ll shampoo you

grand so…got haircut and blow dried…goes to over to pay

Her: “that’ll be €60 please”
    Me: “eh?????”:eek:
    Her: You had a consultation

WTF…45euro cut 15euro for the consultation…saw me coming a mile off!!!!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

Not Peter Marks but another “Salon” …

I decided after going to the same hairdresser for a number of years and never really being that happy with it, to go somewhere else. This place had kinda been recommended, closed on a Monday so I just looked at the price list, 45euro…grand so I went in the following day and made an appointment. Went to my appointment was greeted with a big smile sat in a chair and asked

WTF…45euro cut 15euro for the consultation…saw me coming a mile off!!!!!:confused:

OMFG!!!!! :eek:

I think women are worse to pay that amount!

I thought at first the extra was arising from the wash and that someone had made a cheeky up-sell.

That's crazy though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

The original story is crazy, more so above, 15 for a consultation.... I would have refused to pay it, she cant cut your hair without consulting with you first, sure she wouldnt know what you want.

My daughters first haircut was free in the local salon where i had never been before, she even got a lolly and I was given the hair in an envelope to keep. Her next haircut was 10 euro, I was told by the sylist though theyd have to charge as there was another young girl having a hair cut and thats what they would be paying, she had a full head of hair and was around 5.

I know ... bigger fool I was...needless to say I won't be going back...My orginal hairdresser charges 25euro.

I have had GHD curls done a few times, 25euro, for a wash and curls also, then of late cause the shop was busy (even though you book an appointment you're not seen for atleast 30mins or so after it cause they won't turn away people blah blah) I was charged 25 for curls in greasy hair, that I had to try an go over again at home cause the GHD wasn't working properly!!!! :mad: Buy a new pair...hence I wanted to try somewhere new...

Sad thing is, these salons think they are Recession Proof...cause hair doesn't stop growing ...poeple always need their haircut...er no not if your treating me like a fool I don't!!!

I'm gonna grow it like rapunzel :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Oryx wrote: »
    Going for the teen idol look
    britney_spears_shaving-hair-bald.jpg

I would have refused to pay it, she cant cut your hair without consulting with you first, sure she wouldnt know what you want
    Yes crazy stuff. They have to list all the prices outside, there are special rules for some businesses. Wonder how much they charge to ask where you're going on holidays?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

More of a Head Office problem than the staff in the salon themselves. They're still a rip-off though, even with the 20% off everything that they've had for months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

This place had kinda been recommended, closed on a Monday so I just looked at the price list, 45euro…grand so I went in the following day and made an appointment. Went to my appointment was greeted with a big smile sat in a chair and asked

I have had GHD curls done a few times, 25euro, for a wash and curls also, then of late cause the shop was busy (even though you book an appointment you're not seen for atleast 30mins or so after it cause they won't turn away people blah blah) I was charged 25 for curls in greasy hair, that I had to try an go over again at home cause the GHD wasn't working properly!!!!

I'm not even joking here ... but grow a pair.

Places will only charge the prices that people like you will pay.

Why on earth would you willingly pay the price that they charge and then come on here bitching about it?! :confused:

then come on here bitching about it?! :confused:

:(Didn’t realise I was bitching… I was just merely pointing out 2 poor experiences that I have had in 2 salon’s that I won’t be using again…

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Well I didn't think Grandadsbear bitching, merely relaying her experiences and how she felt about them.

However...I do think you should have later called the salon which charged you €15 extra for a 'consultation' and complained. I think most people have been in a situation where they have been left speechless out of utter disbelief at some stage, but this was outrageous and warranted them getting a kick up the a*se!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

I stand correct on this but I've heard it said before that if any service provider gives you a quote or shows you a price list with no small print ie. fully explained you have the right to only pay for what you are quoted.

Give the lady who was charged a consultation fee. Fair enough my bald head doesnt frequent PM but if its not mentioned about a consultanation fee and you dont go looking for one you are fully entitled to only pay for the service you asked for,went there for in the first place and you can make them an offer to sue you for the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 newtogame

I had a blow dry in Peter Marks and was pleased with it so the next week I rang and booked with the same girl.When I went to pay I was charged an extra 1.20 euro because I had asked for the same girl I had one week before.I will be giving them a miss from now on.Irish businesses must realise that consumers are not stupid and these charges are shooting themselves in the foot.

Advertisement