Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steampunk watches

Options
  • 16-09-2009 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got or know where to get some of the steampunk style watches? I admit to having a weakness for the age of steam type technological ornamentation, and in clockwork it finds its truest expression:

steampunk-watch_18.jpg

steampunk_watch.jpg

Steampunk_Watch___Egyptian_3_by_Aranwen.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Me likey the third one. Dunno where you would get them though. I've heard of them but not seen them in shops. Had any joy on the web?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Wibbs wrote: »
    Me likey the third one. Dunno where you would get them though. I've heard of them but not seen them in shops. Had any joy on the web?
    No, most of these are custom pieces unfortunately, I suppose they would have to be. One could always learn the fine art of clockwork and build one! The third one is remarkable alright, bit delicate looking though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Doubtless someone will rip them off in due course.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

I think the Borg in Star Trek wear the first one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Amhran Nua wrote: »

steampunk_watch.jpg

Me likes this, a lot

• Advertisement

God I want, soooooo bad. My vocab goes to pot when I see a watch like that. My bank balance also tends to follow..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

http://watchismo.blogspot.com/2007/05/cabestan-winch-tourbillon-vertical-for.html

$250,000 to $400,000+ according to that article

Fingers crossed for the Euromillions at the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

For €300k you could handily learn how to build one yourself in a few years for a good deal less, if one were so motivated. Although imagine wearing it under your wooly sweater.

In other news, I appear to have been pwned by a Japanese market, damn hotlinker that I am, if some mod would be so kind as to edit the OP to remove that image.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SquirrelFace

Get one on deviant art. Often people make them for fun and sell them on etsy.. just search dA for steampunk watches
    (i realise this thread is really old but still!!!)

Advertisement