Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on front hedge.

Options
  • 16-09-2009 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi, looking for some opinions...

I'm wondering what type of hedgerow to plant at the front of my house(new build). The other 3 boundaries are sown with Laurel hedge. (mostly for the fast growing, good shelter properties. I'm not keen to sow this at the front though, I'd like something that changes with the seasons. (but with good privacy, as house is close to the road.)
    My landscaper had mentioned hawthorn bush (nice flowers in spring), though not sure how good it would be for privacy. I expect its a slow grower too.
    The copper beach I think are a little 'transparent' in Autumn/Winter, though they do look nice.

Appreciate any advice. (or even links..)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Photinia (Red Robin), Dodonea, Prunus Lusitanica are all very good hedging options with distinctive foliage and flowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭skinner2x

Photinia (Red Robin), Dodonea, Prunus Lusitanica are all very good hedging options with distinctive foliage and flowers.

Thanks , I'll look those up.. (I'm very much a newbie..)

Advertisement