Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch on east side of city

Options
  • 16-09-2009 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I have to organise a business lunch for 8-10 people. The office is situated on the east side of town so going into the city centre isnt really an option. Dont really want carvery lunch... Anyone have any ideas of any good places doing sit down lunch? Would be prepared to go to Oranmore/Claregalway also..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

dustie1 wrote: »
    I have to organise a business lunch for 8-10 people. The office is situated on the east side of town so going into the city centre isnt really an option. Dont really want carvery lunch... Anyone have any ideas of any good places doing sit down lunch? Would be prepared to go to Oranmore/Claregalway also..

The Clayton can reserve a table for you and its table service. I go there with vendors for lunch on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

The Clayton is pretty crap though.

Maybe the G or the Huntsman? Further into town though.

Oranmore has some very nice (looking, only been to one) restaurants, an Italian place in particular that I forget the name of, but it was lovely.

Edit: Basilico. Highly recommend.

Waiting times is important for a lunch meeting. The G falls down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

what about Morans on the Weir? clarinbridge wouldnt be too far out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭DD67

Bodkins, usually quiet good food plenty of parking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭lumpwood

Scotty's accross from GMIT??

Might be a bit informal for a business lunch though..

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

lumpwood wrote: »

Might be a bit informal for a business lunch though..

Aye Bethleham on the castle park/ballybane road as well does lovely food for reasonable prices. Might be too informal though for ya but then again maybe that's what you're lookin for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Claregalway Hotel, without a shadow of a doubt. Tell them what you're at when you ring. Unreal service, food is fab. Have never had a bad bite there and they are SO professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

lumpwood wrote: »

Unless I've got my places mixed, that's not Scotty's any more. In Glasan or whatever it's called.

JustMary wrote: »
    Unless I've got my places mixed, that's not Scotty's any more. In Glasan or whatever it's called.
    Is it now YaYa's? Scotty's are gone from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭lumpwood

sgthighway wrote: »
    Is it now YaYa's? Scotty's are gone from there.

Really?..damn. Scotty's were pretty nice, if not a bit greasy.

Bethlehem isn't a bad idea alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Can't remember what the place in Glasan (sorry, can't remember where the fadas go!) is called now. Not Ya-ya's though, I would have recognised that brand from Ballybrit.

Advertisement