Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap i-phone.

• 16-09-2009 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hey folks, I chance ny arm and went for a cheap imitation i phone, only the finest merchandies direct from shanghai,i know it was a it of a risk but for €100ish i said i'd give it a shot!
    Well this beauty arrived, i was really surprised, it was identical to look at and i thought 'not so bad, result', i threw in the sim and charged her up.... all going well so far.... Fully charged, i fired her up and things were looking very well indeed, the splash screen software is A1....but then it went downhill, the contacts list is cruel to navigate (i felt likeputting it through a wall a few times) then texting - oh my god, this would drive a monk mad, the touch screen keyboard is the smallest thing i've ever seen, a pin as a stylus might help somewhat.....
    Anyway, basically what i'm saying is that this would a perfect product if there was anywhere to download the operating software, and that leads me to the question, does anyone have any idea where this could possibly be downloaded from?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I would imagine the hardware inside is vastly different to what is in the iPhone, so I'd say there's shag all chance of that happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Id say youre stuck with what you got

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I agree with the above two posters. I always dissuade users from buying iClones, as they'll very rarely be happy with what they receive. Apart from that, the menus can be a nightmare for setting up Internet access and lead to a lot of confusion too.

Advertisement