Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod touch wont connect to wavelan network! Any idead?

Options
  • 16-09-2009 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey I cannot get my ipod touch to connect to the wifi network in ucd. Any ideas anyone? It works in all other wifi hotspots i have tried before and even this time it says its connected to the network but when I go into safari it says that the page cannot be opened. Im stumped!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I think we need a Sticky on the Proxy settings:
    - in Settings -> Wi-Fi, edit the "WaveLAN Network" entry
    - add the following Manual HTTP Proxy: Server proxy.ucd.ie port 8484, no authentication

If you get "WaveLAN Network", then you have connected to the UCD network. Getting out to the Internet is a different problem, and I find it easier to just enter the settings than try to rely on any auto-configure stuff. :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Would I be right in thinking though that mobile devices can browse the outside web? Just UCD Connect etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I don't quite follow the question ... once the proxy is configured correctly, you can get to websites, regardless of the device type. I haven't found any sites blocked by the proxy, but I haven't been trying to go anywhere dodgy. I've even posted here on boards.ie from my iPod Touch, from inside UCD, between lectures. (It helps to use the Mobile Boards, which works better on the small screen.)

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

bnt wrote: »
    I don't quite follow the question ... once the proxy is configured correctly, you can get to websites, regardless of the device type. I haven't found any sites blocked by the proxy, but I haven't been trying to go anywhere dodgy. I've even posted here on boards.ie from my iPod Touch, from inside UCD, between lectures. (It helps to use the Mobile Boards, which works better on the small screen.)

Got this working today. Thanks again.

Advertisement